Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – November 10th
  • Harry_the_Spider

I think that the plan is to do Scout Moor and Cragg Quarry. Binners Susan will be along shortly to confirm the route and venue.

8:15
    Bing beer money

Weather forecast is dry and still, so excuses had better be a bit more creative than last week 😉

binners

Alright Doris!

The last time we did this one, we started from Edenfield, and it didn’t leave enough time for a proper run around Cragg. So this will be the slog up the Coal Road, Waughs Well (Bregante may get a bit jittery at this point), a proper play around Cragg Quarry, then finishing on Owd Betts descent.

Starting from Owd Betts. 8.15. Plenty of parking across the road from the pub, rather than filling up the pub car park. I can’t vouch for the provinence of the crisps I’m afraid Harry. We’ll just have to risk it! 😉

Bregante

You know that route gets a massive thumbs up from me binners.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

MRI has confirmed a prolapsed disc. Hope physio sorts me out sharpish. Enjoy. And watch out for the hole at the bottom of the run down to Owd Betts. It’s just enough to swallow your wheel.

bicicleta
    Free Member

Love your graphics.

Bregante

He’s our artiste in residence.

So called because he never goes out 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Boom-Tschh!

binners

It’s because the big boys pick on me! 😛

And thanks bicicleta. I’m presently toying with the idea of doing similar graphic designs to this as big silk screened canvases. Not done any big prints for a while.

Harry_the_Spider

Susan, you should do a range of T shirts. I’d have that one^^^ printed on light grey or sky blue. No text but the MNPR logo.

binners

I might well do that too Doris.

Going to dig up my original Mark E Smith design. That’s a t shirt waiting to happen. I’ll sort out a new design and see who fancies one?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Binners’ art is always a welcome addition on here – its a reliable feature of our ride… which is ironic! 😀

dazh

I’d have that one^^^ printed on light grey or sky blue.

Me too.

binners

Righty ho. I’ll get working on some MNPR T shirt designs, and get some prices for getting some silk screened on to some decent quality tees

Watch this space

Susan x

Harry_the_Spider

Cool. I always wanted to turn HTN into a clothing brand. Perhaps it could be done with MNPR instead.

binners

This one was from the infancy of MNPR, before it was officially referred too as MNPR

It might even have been the days before Acid Zumba 😀

plumber
    Free Member

put me on the list for a screen print

Rammy raid 22/9/2014 being a particular favourite

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

so excuses had better be a bit more creative than last week

How about:

“My BB is hanging out and I just had to drop £400 having this

removed from one of my rabbits?”

*Sighs*

I really want to come out and play, but I was just about to drop a few squids on that BB, a bigger brake rotor and maybe even a light [not that anyone derailed on the thread and advised me on which ones to get; ]

Bikeee no workee.

binners

What the hell is that? How much rabbit is left? 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Looks like a baby alien.

The rabbit looks like a Davy Crockett hat.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It’s a “mass” some random growth in his ruff/neck. Probably started due to a foreign body piercing the throat and lodging in the neck. Because of where it was I didn’t find it until it’d grown that big.

He’s much better now though he does have a mahoosive scar under his neck.

So – is my excuse good enough?

Harry_the_Spider

You must really love that bunny.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sure do 🙂 Both of them.

binners

Given another thread thats just started, that bunny looks a bit like….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg[/video]

Bregante

Well I got round to giving the bike a good clean today as I had a good portion of Darwen moor on it.

For those of you who were out on Monday do you reckon that this could be why I was complaining that my brakes weren’t performing as well as usual? 😯
    [

I’m working all weekend but an emergency LBS mission may be in order if I’m going to make it out on Monday

bearnecessities

Sam, you could have just asked to borrow the jigsaw & staple gun again!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

Evening meal side dish sorted.

Clover

Sam – there’s probably a bike at ours you could borrow for MNPR – text me if you can make it 🙂

66deg
    Free Member

Just be careful.

bearnecessities

Aye, you can borrow mine as well if needed; it may as well get used 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Clover/Rich – thanks guys 🙂

I am honoured you would both say that! I’ll borrow one of the Tod fleet, if I may, Clover. I’ll text you.

Very kind Rich but I already owe you a flavour and using one that’s based over there saves taking your bike on the train where, I don’t know, badgers might attack 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hi all, I have a loan bike sorted, and I can get a lift back from the ever accommodating Miss Stripes.

But, can anyone give me a lift out? Either from Tod or anywhere else I can get to from a train from Bradford. Very happy to chip-in for petrol.

Thanks!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I can easily get to Rochdale. Kinda considering walking from there now!

Clover

We can sort the bike bit but we have a visitor from not-from-round-here to bring too and we’re not sure how bike friendly his hire car is going to be, so space in the mighty Doblo is going to be limited.

So if anyone (Daz ??) can pick Sam up from Tod that would make it work or indeed he could get back on the train having picked up bike and get to Rochdale.

We’ve also got to persuade our guest that what he really wants to do on arrival is ride around in the rain with some people who read have heard of Singletrack magazine. 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Hoping to get there tonight but attendance will depend on what time i get away from work as i haven’t yet charged my lights…

Switching topic – i was a little alarmed at the weekend to see that gofasterstripes had struck up a deal at tesco…

Thats not salmon!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Heh.

SRSLY GYZ, if this is getting to be a pain in the butt then, don’t worry about me, I’ll skip it. There’s always another MNPR 🙂 I didn’t really notice we weren’t setting off from close to Todmorden as I was poastin’ to say I couldn’t come. I’ll check back around 4 PM and see how the pieces fall.

I would love to ride, but I’ll leave it up to you lot. If someone can give me a lift out that’d be grand, if it’s a pain for anyone, I don’t want to put you out, and I feel a little embarrassed already 😳

Tak is doing great, and yes, WW you have noticed my cunning plan to harvest his organs and recoup the investment. Who needs both kidneys anyway?!

dazh

Well I was planning on getting out tonight, but there are a couple of problems.

1. My lights aren’t fixed after they stopped working halfway through last week’s ride. Not a major problem this as I have a couple of powerful commuting lights that I could use.

2. More critical this one, I bust my ribs on Saturday in a classic ‘you’ve-been-framed-hey-kids-watch-this’ bit of twattery involving a mountain bike and a skate park.

Still pretty sore/immobile this morning so it’s looking doubtful at the moment but that may change later depending on whether the cocktail of painkillers I’ve taken have the desired effect.

terrahawk
    Free Member

anyone want to be on Songs of Praise?

dazh

Do they take confirmed atheists?

Harry_the_Spider

“Take” in what context?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – November 10th’ is closed to new replies.