Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – November 10th
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Daz, mate. I really question if you should ride with busted ribs, painkillers or no.

dazh

Well ‘busted’ might be a bit of an exaggeration. Bruised is probably more accurate. In any case it’ll have to be a late decision as the Mrs has just told me she’s taking the kids swimming tonight and can’t guarantee being back before half seven. And it’s forecast to rain tonight so everyone will probably drop out anyway 🙂

binners

I reckon its buffs out for the baldies tonight. Its going to be a chilly one

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OK – I’m gonna say I’m out. I really hope to see you all soon.

Have a blast tonight, Buff-crew.

Sam

chipps

So… who’s a definite then?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m still a maybe – probably 50% chance of getting up there…

Bregante

I’m in subject to the lovely Mrs B getting home at a reasonable time which presently is an each way bet because the Mancunian Way is shut 😈

Harry_the_Spider

I’m in. Knee is giving some grief, but I’m in.

binners

Three of us riding up from Rammy. In what seems to be the norm, after a lovely days weather, it’s now absolutely lashing down. Hey ho!

Bregante

Babysitter wanted: No experience necessary.

Unarmed combat skills a definite advantage.

Bregante

Bugger. I’m out chaps I’m afraid as the Mrs isn’t home yet and even the strange single bloke in his 50’s who lives at the end of the road and gets a visit from the cops in plain clothes once a week can’t babysit because apparently it “breaches the terms of his licence” 🙄

Any excuse.

Have a good un.

Harry_the_Spider

Off we go. Sky has cleared here in sunny Simister.

Bregante

Guess who just walked in…

🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Well… that was character building 😉

binners

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! That was hard work! Good fun though 🙂

Clover

That was ace! Thanks 🙂
    Quite impressive to see ten people out in all that filth. It’s obviously got to the point in the year when we surrender to the weather and will go out whatever it chucks at us ‘cos if we don’t we won’t ride at all.

binners

Did our overseas visitor enjoy trudging through axle deep quagmire, and sliding around on lethal stone slabs Clover? I suppose the only similarity to riding in the Alps is that there were bikes involved 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’d love to say that I enjoyed my ride home…

terrahawk
    Free Member

where’s the next one?

Harry_the_Spider

Once I’d taken my moaning head out of my moaning ass I really enjoyed last night’s ride. Even the bits in Cragg.

The bit between Cragg and The Coal Road was comically atrocious.

Note to self : Summer dry lube was not designed for those conditions.

Chipps/Clover. If you want to give your Californian visitors a true winter MNPR™ experience next week why not just cover them in near freezing shit for a couple of hours, pop their tyres, give them each a dead leg then break their washing machines?

We could do all that in the pub carpark.

Apart from the washing machine bit. Obviously.

Clover

The lure of axle deep mud whilst being whipped by howling gale is hard to resist, it seems. Car journey home was filled with animated chat about the general excellence of the ride….

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – November 10th’ is closed to new replies.