Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No. 29 – What did you do?
  • Kunstler

I had a tremendous three days charging around and over the Cairngorms. Covered just about 120 miles overall and three munros (9,000 ft of ascent). On Friday I’m hoping to do similar in one day. The Lairig Ghru descent is really quite wonderful.

scary_carey
    Free Member

More of a Tuesday morning debrief from me. Had a rare Monday off from work so I decided to head north to my spiritual home of the Lake District. I set out with the intention of riding till I could ride no more. I achieved my mission. 81km round Coniston with just shy of 3000m of climbing – I’m absolutely broken today 😀 Took in some very cheeky trails that would be a no go at the weekend inclding this one….

Never done it before and I have to say its no up there with my best descents in the Lakes

karlwoof
    Free Member

Raced my road bike at the High Peak road race – a savage course made worse by what can only be described as omniwind. A good experience for me as it was the first road race i’ve not been dropped by the peloton!

tinsy
    Free Member

I spent all day Sunday trying to get this to finish one race… without success.

hallz
    Free Member

Did the 26 mile option of the ‘Great Manchester Cycle’ on closed city centre roads in Manchester. Combined with traveling in and out of the city it made for a ride in excess of 60 miles.

Did it on my full sus bike which ordinarily should have allowed me to enter a picture in the recent ‘Wrong Bike’ photo challenge but tbh it was the right choice of tyre considering the state of Manchester’s roads! 😀

Russell96

@Trailhound here’s the summary, mail me (addy in profile) of you want a .gpx of it.

sherb
    Free Member

Passportes Sunday run 58 miles (less the lifts). The aftermath of the saturday (rain and riders) left many parts of the route rutted, muddy and mental. Started Chatel (ignored the trip up to Torgon) and got right down to Les Gets and back before the the lifts closed. Thanks to the mud (close to zero braking effect), Went OTB not far from Crosez and got tangled up with an electric fence (one of the funniest things trying to untangle a bike while getting tazered…).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No. 29 – What did you do?’ is closed to new replies.