Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • R.I.P Jeff Hanneman
  • MrsToast
    Free Member

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189480

🙁

Poor sod had a crappy couple of years – bitten by a spider that caused a skin eating infection, followed by skin grafts and rehab, and being unable to tour. Now dead at 49. Still, lets celebrate his life as he did!

HELL AWAITS TO ELEVEN, SIR!

CountZero

Not a Slayer fan, and I knew nothing about the guy, but that is, truly, a really shitty way to go. 😐

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Raining Blood changed my life.

Savour what he left behind.

Edit: Waking the neighbours in the name of.

Pigface
    Free Member

Very sad news, now he can haunt the chapel.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Shame RIP

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

🙁

fizzicist
    Free Member

Another dead hero 🙁

Saw Slayer in a 1500 capacity venue around 94/5 ish. It remains the single most full-on, intense gig I have ever experienced. I remember none of my friends wanted to go as they were deeply unfashionable so as a 16 year old I went on my own, spent the entire gig crushed at the front, came out covered in bruises and got to meet Kerry & Jeff afterwards.

RIP brother, only 49 years on this planet but your influence will go on for a long long time…

blooddonor
    Free Member

Not in the picture now…………..R.I.P

Tom-B
    Free Member

I saw them at the first ever Download festival….they missed their slot on the main stage so were stuck on the second stage (smallish tent at the time) It was rammed with people hanging off the rigging etc…..when the came on stage and broke into Angel of Death it was what I imagine that the apocalypse will be like!!! R.I.P Jeff

kimbers

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kimbers

saw them at donnington,monsters of rock and supported by machine head at the astoria I think RIP

nbt

AW ****

Slayer were one of the bands on the list of bands I’ve still to see – in a small venue not a goddamn great shed.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Always saw Jeff as the quiet one in that lot.
    Real shame though, only 9 years older than me, ****.
    Rest well Jeff

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Tit78Jnuo[/video]

Found this whilst looking for that ^^^ and it made me chuckle.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3RLCFUfBtU[/video]

debaser

Turns up volume as a mark of respect

[\m/] [-_-] [\m/]

passtherizla
    Free Member

Very sad news… Slayer have been a major part of my life and have been the soundtrack to so many epic skate/snow/gig road trips.

Bimbler
    Free Member

RIP Jeff.

Gutted.

stevie750

RIP

First really good gig I went to was for the Reign in blood tour.

philtricklebank

RIP Jeff, I’ve been a huge fan for years. He didn’t deserve this.

MrAgreeable

RIP. When I made an Extreme Wheelbarrowing video a few years back, only one soundtrack would do. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150267318905125&set=vb.107342829303888&type=3&theater

ittaika
    Free Member

RIP Jeff

Slayer have long been one of my favourite live acts and Reign in Blood or South of Heaven essential driving music.

plumber
    Free Member

I was unfortunate enough to see them in 2008 – I don’t like the music but appreciate the guitar skill – probably a lovely chap

robgarrioch

Didn’t even know about Hannemans illness till now. Been an odd, surprising morning reading about it.

First saw them on Clash of the Titans 1990, couple of days after my 18th & before buying any of their albums – hadn’t a clue I’d see them another half-dozen times.

The writer of my #1 fast song:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0epRYSCFQ[/video]

Spooky coincidence – just played ‘Point’ in memoriam, & a siren went past outside; fitted the music pretty well.

R.I.P.

boxfish
    Free Member

6 Music played Reign In Blood this morning… 🙁

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

🙁

Northwind

Hell’s house band just got one step closer to its first gig- Jeff on guitar, Cliff Burton on bass (sorry Paul Gray, too late), Cozy on drums… It’s only Ozzy spoiling the party by mysteriously not being dead, I guess Dio can fill in for now.

Lifer
    Free Member

RIP Jeff 😥

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It’s only Ozzy spoiling the party by mysteriously not being dead

😆

jools182
    Free Member

spent a couple of days hanging around with them just before the South of Heaven tour as my friend at the time worked in the pub attached to the Manchester Apollo

Teaching them how to play darts and watching them rehearse

He seemed to be a truly nice guy

R.I.P. 🙁

kimbers

actually it was brixton avademy when i first saw them, never been so scared in a mosh pit in all my life

fuct up way to die, kind of in the tradition of the bands lyrics, but nastier

wordnumb
    Free Member

Great musician, author of many brilliant riffs (War Ensemble, SoH, Dead Skin Mask), instantly recognisable sound. One of those iconic moments in metal culture when he and Kerry King would simultaneously step forward and start headbanging, what a shame he never got himself back in shape to play with the band again. RIP.

crackerman
    Free Member

Thank you for coming out tonight and enjoying your lives,RIP Jeff.

carlosg
    Free Member

Shit , just read this after a week(ish) without internet. I’m really shocked , had heard about the spider bite but can’t believe what it has caused.
    I’m another die hard Slayer fan and have seen them live over 20 times in the last 20+ years , I loved the way Jeff and Kerry would swap their solo’s about seamlessly in live sets I’ll really miss not seeing him perform again.

RIP Jeff , I’m gonna blow my ears out tonight 😈

racefaceec90

have just read about him sadly dying just now on musicradar.

man that’s terrible news.

i haven’t listened to much slayer,but reign in blood is my fav metal album ever.

r.i.p jeff 🙁

tjx79
    Free Member

I dug out my ancient Slayer shirt as a mark of respect. Hadn’t listened in a long time, but his music was a massive influence on me. Guy really didn’t deserve to go that way.

mrmoofo
    Tom-B
    Free Member

I was teaching some Reign In Blood to a student today as a little tribute-never fails to catch me out the speed that they play it at 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘R.I.P Jeff Hanneman’ is closed to new replies.