Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No. 27 – What did you do?
  • Dave
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Weekend off! Fettled some bike bits badly, weather finally turned down here in the far south (ern hemisphere) so set the trainer up inside and kept an eye out for the white walkers 🙂 Back to it next weekend

ahsat

Saturday hiding from the wind at Thrunton

Sunday out round the Cheviots.

p20 on his ASR5-C, me on the Cotic Soul (as the Nicolai is poorly) – muscles feeling a bit battered today.

Few QoM/KoM’s in the mix too 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    danielgroves
    Free Member

Crash. Thats it really, didn’t make it far enough to do anything else.

timnwild

FB pic

Hit the South Downs with a larger than usual Father’s Day crew, Lion Trail and the Steyning Woods Blue running brilliantly, no mechanicals, then back for pampering from the family. Happy man, I am.

mikehow
    Free Member

Hungover Saturday, spent most of it trying to rig a ghetto way to pull the bearings from the Anthem suspension.

Sunday rode the Ogre and then realised I haven’t got the foggiest of how to press the new bearings back in to the suspension. 🙄

Monday – buy Maestro bearing tool 😳

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

50km on the MTB Saturday, 65KM on the road bike Sunday. One ride in 20 degrees and sun, the other in 10 and hail, what a difference 24 hours can make. All in all two good training sessions.

andycs

Had a list of things to do on Saturday……and didn’t do any of them! Lazy Sunday swapping parts from Scandel to Big Top with short run in the evening. Strange day emotionally, first Fathers day since Dad died and Daughter away working in USA.

Harry_the_Spider

Discovered the hard way that i’m not good on Nurfen Extra gel capsules. Puketastic.

No riding for me.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mountain Mayhem for me, really enjoyed it too.

Mountain Mayhem 2013, the end. by steve_b77, on Flickr

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Saturday – Rest
    Sunday – My first 25 Mile TT. Entred the Team Axiom Open. Wanted to break the hour so chuffed with 55.27.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Did this

On this

Garmin battery died 6 miles before the end.. Longest i’ve ever been on the bike

messiah
    Free Member

Fathers day involved some bikes.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Friday – Pizza night, eldest son’s new girlfriend in attendance. Passed muster
    Saturday – Jobs in the morning, afternoon test ride for the new rigid SS
    Sunday – family day with parents, Outlaws and sons.
    Top weekend finished off with 3 hours Ironathon watching Bluestone 42.

rocketman
    Free Member

Three days of Cannock

Friday: low-intensity trans-Chase epic
    Saturday afternoon: screaming lap of the official trails
    Yesterday: mixed bag on/off-piste, back in time for the DH. Win-win

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Saturday – bike fetteling, fitted towbar bike carrier, and a bit of shopping for stuff.

Sunday – club run, 72 miles at 16.5mph. First in ages which annoyed me as I could repeatedly ride off the front or do very long turns on the flat, but on the only hill (near then end when the pace got upped to nearer 20) I dropped off the back like a stone! Which just left me furstrated knowing if I lost the couple of spare stone I’m carrying I’d be in the ‘brisk’ or even ‘fast’ groups!

Having a carb free week as a result 🙁

Tracey

We did a figure of eight above Ladybower and then late lunch at the Inn

plumber
    Free Member

Liverpool Street train station to Tate Britain and back via trooping the colour

proper rad core

MadPierre

Lap of FTD + Monkey at Cannock Sat morning. Paloma Faith gig at Sherwood Pines Sat night.

Forestry-tastic!

Houns

Worked 2 x 11 hour days

mrphil
    Free Member

Rebuilt the Alpine 160 on Thursday for a shakedown ride Friday late aftenoon then my usual big Saturday ride..

Sunday a small ride up to West Kirby with a mate who has just recently took up cycling.

RustySpanner

Velodrome last night with Ms S, Ninkynonk, Mr Overshoot, Marin and others of this parish.

Great night, cheers for the invite Mark, hope you’re better soon.

Northwind

Up to Kinlochleven for the Bluegrass enduro… Sacked off the race and just made practice day into a fun ride on new and old trails, lovely. Then up to Fort William on sunday instead of racing and spent the day on the downhill and nevis red- I’d planned a wee lap of the Witches Trails too but they’re closed 🙁 Lovely weather, more views than in any ride this year… Lovely.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Some quality riding on this thread, makes for great reading.

Nice work there trickydisco!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

carb free week

Now ruined as the canteen was doing macaroni cheese 🙂

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Lightcliffe to Pecket Well on the towpath.

Check out the ‘ancient-ish and not so modern’ Oranges.

Great time ‘sessioning’ the trail in the woods (must have been up and down one bit or another over 20 times in total).

Towpath home. Knackered (52km there and back) but well worth it, even the pushing up the packhorse bit at the start over and over and over…..

Great day.

Coin-op bogs…cheeky buggers.

maxtorque

45 MTB miles around the Ridgeway on a nice local route organised by the village my sister used to live in:

UPTONOGOOD

Not a long distance, but the first time since breaking my wrist i’ve been back on the bike for more than an hr or so. Also we were fast enough to avoid the positively Biblical Downpour that hit the 2/3rds of the riders so hard it was like an out take from “waterworld” at times 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Dicked about the usual trails in the Surrey Hills, took the dog but as it’s not a trail centre I didn’t feel bad. About 3 hours all in no idea how far or what the elevation was but had a nice cuppa and enjoyed myself.

notlocal
    Free Member

Hike-a-bike to Loch nan Eun from the Spittal of Glenshee, then more of the same onto Glas Tulaichean. fantastic plummet back to the Spittal on loose estate track 😀

simoncox

Did the UPTONOGOOD 45 mile race. Just made it back before the deluge!

Sandwich

50 miles around Suffolk on Saturday, one off just before Woodbridge. Managed to climb 2500 feet according to Garmin!! Saw the flypast for the aforementioned colour trooping as it went over Dallinghoo. Got back just before the rain, result. Nice pic taken on a cheeky section
    [/url]
    Clopton Church 1 by Hamster, on Flickr[/img]
    Sunday nothing as the thigh muscle that I crashed on said enough, so wedding stuff with Mrs Sandwich for the day.

Dickyboy

Also we were fast enough to avoid the positively Biblical Downpour that hit the 2/3rds of the riders so hard it was like an out take from “waterworld” at times

Yup it was pretty wet for the last 5 miles or so for us, think my mate was the first* fatbike to the finish line though

* and only?

dawson

Came 3rd in my 4hr solo category cross country race at Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire! Yay me!

Legs are a bit hurty today though.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Saturday: Wife took my girls out to see her parents so I took the hound out for a trip round Delamere.
    Sunday: Usual morning ride followed by fork service (found that the Talas side is worn but still working and I’ve got my missing 20mm back), steak and cider 😀
    Nice weekend.

Princess Jasmine

_tom_
    Free Member

Didnt really get up to much riding as I was pretty busy with family stuff, just a couple of quick road rides. Bmx tomorrow 🙂

jonathan
    Free Member

Despite plans I didn’t get to ride at all.. but he did though >>

Podium… 3 times! 3rd, 2nd, 3rd by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

Happy chap and proud dad 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Spent a couple of hours yesterday evening experimenting with shock and fork pressures on my FS, using Evian in Winterfold as my test bed. It’s a short trail but with a gradient on it, berms, a steep bombhole and some root steps, so a good candidate as a laboratory.

I finished with the settings pretty much where I started them!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

My slowest ride of the year so far. Averaged less than 3 miles per hour!!!

… but that was over the 4 passes; Honister, Scarth Gap, Black Sail & Sty Head and did involve a leisurely lunch and brew at Black Sail Hostel.

Great route. Good descents but some serious hike-a-bike too. Wouldn’t want to carry a 35lb bike on my back much further than that though.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Rode up the Rangger Kopfl – A reasonably insignificant peak on the skyline from Innsbruck. I’ve been looking at it for ages and only just got around to getting to the top. It was worth it!

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Sunday at my Aunty’s in Sheffield for my Nan’s 90th b’day.

Found this in the woods at the back of their garden

Leave them for the ‘yoots’……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No. 27 – What did you do?’ is closed to new replies.