Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mojo HD vs Banshee Rune
  • jim79
    Free Member

Currently riding a Mojo HD but got an itch for Rune. Anyone got experience with both/can make a comparison?
    Cheers
    Jim

wl
    Free Member

Tried a Rune and it was nice enough but it would cost a lot to keep the weight sensible. The one I tested was covered with carbon – probably around a 5 grand bike – weighed in around 32lbs. Personally, I’d defo want to try the new 650b Orange Alpine 160 before committing to anything else.

superfli
    Free Member

Rune frame and shock is £1400. So would be expensive components to be £5k. Mine weighs 32lb with average spec, heavy forks and no carbon (except for some carbon look patches 🙂 )

jim79
    Free Member

Yeah, the Alpine is also for consideration, but expensive with a decent shock and I do begrudge paying extra for paint! Is the Rune much heavier than the Alpine then? Superfli, what main bits of kit have you got on yours then, forks, wheels etc? Does it really cane the descents?

superfli
    Free Member

Spec was:
    Fox Float X shock
    2011 Vengeance HLR air forks (lowers are 2012 or 13, just replaced them)
    Hope pro2 hubs on Arch EX 26″ tubeless
    Fat Albert SS front
    Nobby Nic SS DD rear
    XT 170mm crank 1×10 Raceface 32th NW
    KMC x10 chain
    Superstar nano pedals
    SLX medium clutch mech
    XT shifter
    Charge Spoon ti
    2009 Formula the ones
    Thomson 50mm stem
    Sunline V1 745mm bars
    Superstar Excel lockons
    RS Reverb

Although I’ve changed the rear tyre for a Mountain King 2.4 protection. Weight seems to have gone up to 32.78lb! Maybe I misread first reading. Its easier to climb than my Heckler that was 1.25lb lighter. My mates Alpine was heavier by feel, and was hard work on the ups. The Rune is really solid at the back, even with 10mm QR fitted. Its noticeable on fast corners, zips round them. Its feels fairly short too, so quick to change position. It is lovely on the downs! Not sure what a Mojo is like though, so cant compare.

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Superfli is yours the 2014 rune? My 2012 spicy is about that weight you’ve quoted and I’m looking to swap parts to the rune 2015 so imagine the weight will go up! Tell me again it does climb well when needed:)

superfli
    Free Member

2014 Rune. Frame weight with Fox Float X CTD is 8.5lb if I remember correctly. I weighed it with my Heckler RP23 and that was 7.25lb. Yes it worried me, but I rode Afan Blade+Penhydd on it the other week and I was fine, in fact the climb on Penhydd wasnt too bad at all after riding Blade. The CTD climb mode helped a great deal. Its honestly a much better climber than my Heckler and I didnt think that was too bad.
    Got a DH race on it in a couple of weeks, so the extra beef will help I’m sure 🙂 (then a long Enduro a week later, which it probably wont help lol!)

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Thanks it sounds like a great frame. Good luck with the planned races.

philfive
    Free Member

It’s a great climber, I’ve stopped using the climb switch on my CCDB AIR.

This is me enduro-ing this weekend

jim79
    Free Member

Superfli, that is very similar to the kit I would be taking off the Mojo. I don’t neccessarily think weight within a couple of pounds is worth getting too worried about. My Mojo with some chunky Schwalbes nudges 32lbs, my previous bike a Trek Scratch Air was 34 pounds and I can’t notice the difference. Going up hill is only a means to an end anyway! What colour did you go for? I like Phil’s green but don’t think Banshee do that colour anymore.

superfli
    Free Member

Green Rune:

Rechecked weight using my normal hang position and its 32.34lb

jim79
    Free Member

Mmm, that is very nice!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mojo HD vs Banshee Rune’ is closed to new replies.