Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Modern Parking dilema
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe you should try that ernie, it may give you a sense of perspective.

Are suggesting that members of the Rotary Club do shady deals in chav car parks ?

……steady on 😕

FoxyChick
    Free Member

…lordy, lordy…

Never in all my life… 8)

GG…you need your bottom well and truly spanked!!

jon1973
    Free Member

Are suggesting that members of the Rotary Club do shady deals in chav car parks ?

……steady on

Not sure how you made that connection. Just to clarify though;

No, I'm suggesting that you need to get a bit of a reality check on what's important (get a life in other words). I suspect the Rotary Club and those that donate their time to making life better for other people concern themselves with more important things than a 50p parking ticket.

As long as it's important to you though ernie.

iDave
    Free Member

when parking ticket machines give change, which every other vending machine seems to be capable off, i might stop giving my ticket to others…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

GG…you need your bottom well and truly spanked!!

I've been naughty again haven't I ? 🙁

jon1973
    Free Member

I've been naughty again haven't I ?

Nobody really cares. 😥

_tom_
    Free Member

Have shared parking tickets, would do it again. Don't see the problem really.

CountZero

Joining the Rotary would only serve to reinforce e_l's inate sense of superiority to everyone else on here, making him even more insufferable than he already is. I, on the other hand, would happily pass on a ticket with unused time on it and accept same, due to council's stupid habit of removing free first half hour parking, so if you just want to pop into the bank and grab a magazine from the newsagents you've got to pay for a two hour ticket you're not going to use, or else stay for the extra time, clogging up a space that someone could have used for a short time. Had this exact conversation down the pub tonight. No common sense, council officials.

jon1973
    Free Member

I expect ernie is scribing a letter to the Daily Mail on this very subject, as we speak. I imagine his take on on the whole 'transfer of parking tickets' is generally down to Polish immigrants.

konabunny
    Free Member

trolled.

ex-pat
    Free Member

I always hand on my ticket if I can – as far as I'm concerned that ticket entitles a car to park until the indicated time.
    However, around where I used to live they started having machines that required license plate number to be put in – I guess to stop exactly that.

A long time ago I remember it used to be pay at the booth on exit. What a much better system – you're paying for the chappie(or 'ess) anyway to be a ticket nazi, so why not put them in a nice little booth thing and collect cash on exit. Everyone's a winner.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Yes, Gus, you have, and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.
    Now, go and sit on the bottom step for 30 minutes and think about what you have done!!

😀

aP
    Free Member

Don't any of you burly, fit bikers ever walk, cycle or get the bus to get to the shops?
    …and admitting in public to shopping on "The shop formerly owned by Dame Shirley Porter".
    Shakes head.

epicsteve
    Free Member

then I would report them to the police

What criminal offence would the person offering the ticket have commited?

uplink
    Free Member

No dilemma handing over/receiving tickets that haven't expired

Not to do so would be wasting a valuable resource, parking space has been bought until a certain time & it needs using up 😉

My mam always lectured me on waste & how it wasn't acceptable 🙂

vinnyeh

Had to drive into London for a few errands yesterday, and seems they've introduced a couple of parking innovations since I last did this- machines which only take card payment, and spaces which only accept telephone payment, presumably to prevent ticket transfer

SST
    Free Member

How can it possible be fair that the council (or in Worthings case NCP) are allowed to charge for the same parking space over and over – all day long? I go in – I pay for an hour and use 40 mins, next person comes in and pays for the 20 min I already paid for plus a 40min balance. If he stays half an hour then the third person pays for the half hour balance that has already been paid for by person No 2 . . . and so it goes on. And if you are 5 minutes over your hour? You get to pay for another 60 minutes of parking!! Broken Britain . . . .

Pass tickets on wherever possible!!!!!

🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

I pass them on. Should I report myself to myself?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

"Nobody really cares" 😥

I would find that comment rather hurtful, if it wasn't for the fact that you've responded about half a dozen times to my posts.

You do care really…………you big tease you

What criminal offence would the person offering the ticket have commited?

🙄 there is always the lawyer who has to get all "technical".

konabunny
    Free Member

seems they've introduced a couple of parking innovations since I last did this- machines which only take card payment, and spaces which only accept telephone payment, presumably to prevent ticket transfer

More to do with not having to drive around and collect coins from meters, removing the incentive to break into meters, and reducing the number of moving parts prone to failure, I would have guessed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And btw greatape……I'm disappointed 😐

No wonder crime is out of control – if people like you miss the opportunity to make an arrest.

Hopefully with the installation of a new government things will start changing, and crime will once again be properly controlled.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Finged crossed eh 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Indeed greatape, but what I've never understood, and maybe you can help me with this one, if a government gets crime "under control", why then, do they always still allow some to occur ?

It don't seem right to me 😕

thegreatape
    Free Member

What exactly do they mean when they say crime is under control?

No crime at all.
    No increase in crime.
    A decrease of some degree.

Could mean anything.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I always ass on day travel cards once I have used them.

jon1973
    Free Member

if it wasn't for the fact that you've responded about half a dozen times to my posts.

If only you would do me the honour of addressing any of the points I've raised.

Oh! Here's a little smilie, just for you 😉

johnners
    Free Member

I always ass on day travel cards once I have used them.

I'm not sure quite what you mean, but it sounds like that should probably deter re-use.

project
    Free Member

aracer – Member

money making scam.

Don't you know how short of money councils are? They need every penny they can get. It's not as if it's not the same for everybody. Just think about all the children's support services you're helping to keep running if you pay for a bit longer than you really need. Don't you want deprived kids to get a bit of help?

Posted 11 hours ago # Report-Post

Well they lost millions on an icelandic bank, their social workers fail to look after the kids, schools employ teachers who cant control bullying,councillors get overpaid,the list goes on and on, and thats just points rasied on this forum.

konabunny
    Free Member

they lost millions on an icelandic bank, their social workers fail to look after the kids, schools employ teachers who cant control bullying

How unlike ordinary people, none of whom ever saved with Icelandic/offshore banks, neglect their kids or bully each other.

aracer
    Free Member

Well they lost millions on an icelandic bank, their social workers fail to look after the kids, schools employ teachers who cant control bullying,councillors get overpaid,the list goes on and on, and thats just points rasied on this forum.

All down to directives from central government – are you suggesting central government should also mandate giving people refunds for unused time on their parking tickets? Come to that, are you suggesting it's OK not to pay for a service because you don't like where the money goes – maybe you should find a way to pirate Sky TV rather than pay money to Murdoch.

How can it possible be fair that the council (or in Worthings case NCP) are allowed to charge for the same parking space over and over – all day long?

You're getting confused about what it is you're paying for – you've bought the right to use the car park for up to a certain amount of time. The economics is based on users not staying for the complete ticket time – otherwise they'd have to tarmac over more green fields to create car parks for sufficient capacity – is that what you want?

project
    Free Member

aracer – Member

All down to directives from central government – are you suggesting central government should also mandate giving people refunds for unused time on their parking tickets? Come to that, are you suggesting it's OK not to pay for a service because you don't like where the money goes – maybe you should find a way to pirate Sky TV rather than pay money to Murdoch.

Posted 5 hours ago # Report-Post

Quite simple really barcode the ticket, and when youve got a refund due, you go back to the machine and insert ticket and it issues a refund.

Also you buy a tenners worth of fuel and you use it all,and you travel somewhere,so youve used what youve paid for.

EASY ISNT IT.

I dont have sky and never will,so dont pay for it,and dont need to pirate the crap anyway.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Modern Parking dilema’ is closed to new replies.