Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Modern Parking dilema
  • project
    Free Member

So today drove into a large open air car park, pay and display type,walked over to the ticket machine, where a mature of age chap,driveing a 4 wheel Hyundai,hailed me with the words young man,can i intrest you in this.

So as we walked towards each other i noticed in his right hand a small parking ticket, which he hands to me,and says here you are,its valid til 20.00 tonight,was going to stay must be off now.

So i put the said ticket on the windscreen and parked up for 3 hours, normal cost 1.70p.For free.

On my way out of the car park drove past the ticket issuing machine, where stood a young chap and his girlfreind, i passed the ticket to them for their use.

So did i do wrong accepting the ticket,and using it,

talking to an older man in a car park,was always warned not to talk or accept gifts from strangers,especially ones wearing sandals and socks,

passing the ticket on to a younger person than myself,and allowing him to save the cost of parking,

white101

most tickets will have 'not transferrable' stamped on them in some place. Didn't stop me doing the same today in a car park, saving me the princely sum of 60p.

donsimon
    Free Member

No, you did right. But I think now the traffic wardens are linking the ticket with registration numbers, looking at the times and the cars that were parked. In Madrid the traffic wardens have hand held computers, why?
    In some parking hotspots, the immigrants have a thriving trade through this type of thing, they pick up the ticket and pass it on for a nominal fee…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Same thing happened to me today.
    I was very grateful…not often someone does something generous like this!

Gary_C

At one car park I used in the Peak District, you had to input the last 3 letters of your reg number into the ticket machine, they were then on the printed ticket.

Kuco

I've had tickets given to me and also gave tickets in the past at car parks. Unfortunately now at the local hospital p&d machines you have to put your cars registration into the machine so can no longer do this.

meehaja
    Free Member

If Ipay for more than i'm going to use i usually stick the ticket to the machine when i'm done so the next erson along can make use of it. Sod it, share the love!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Hmm, I think you were being groomed there, project 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

I like it!

redthunder
    Free Member

I always pass on my tickets 🙂

Never been given one back though 🙁 One day mayby.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

People passing tickets to others is a great example of why this country hasn't completely gone down the toilet. Long may it continue!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

This "open air car park", was it your favourite dogging spot??

project
    Free Member

Large municipal open air car park next to a large chav supermarket..

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I remember years back in Aberdeen people would stick partially used tickets on to the issuing machine so others could use them.

aracer
    Free Member

No wonder the country has a debt problem, what with local councils not making their legitimate income because people rip them off. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Kuco

I'll never feel guilty by doing the council out of extortionate parking prices.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'm with aracer on this one. If someone offered me their parking ticket because it still had time left on it, I would warn them if they ever repeated the offer, then I would report them to the police. Still I guess this sort of unacceptable criminal activity is to be expected if you park next to a chav supermarket.

Kuco

I would warn them if they ever repeated the offer, then I would report them to the police.
    pmsl 🙄

falkirk-mark

I'm with aracer on this one. If someone offered me their parking ticket because it still had time left on it, I would warn them if they ever repeated the offer, then I would report them to the police. Still I guess this sort of unacceptable criminal activity is to be expected if you park next to a chav supermarket.

Are you for real or are you handknitted ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah of course I'm for real…….cheeky git.

I'm guessing you're probably a Tesco shopper. Am I right ?

grievoustim
    Free Member

People (including me) will often leave their all day"saver" type bus tickets slotted into the timetable thing on the bus stop when they are done with it for others to use.

Kuco

By recycling these tickets your actually saving the council money 😉

falkirk-mark

I do not shop the wife does the shopping on the internet ( but I believe she has used tesco on occasion}.Where would one expect me to shop ?

jon1973
    Free Member

Happens all the time where I am. I always pass on my ticket if there is a reasonable amount of time left.

jon1973
    Free Member

I would warn them if they ever repeated the offer, then I would report them to the police

This is why the police don't have time to turn up to people's houses after a burglary.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I believe she has used tesco on occasion

😐 ………does she sometimes pop down wearing her pyjamas ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This is why the police don't have time to turn up to people's houses after a burglary.

Really ? So the problem of people transferring their parking tickets is more serious than I thought then 😐

Kuco

Yes it is because people with **** all better to do like you ernie are to busy grassing us up.

jon1973
    Free Member

Really ? So the problem of people transferring their parking tickets is more serious than I thought then

You tell me. You're the one who feels it's serious enough to report to the police.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I'm sorry Kuco, but it's not law-abiding people like me who give the police more work.

It's the likes of you what need "grassing up" who do that.

Kuco

I can't help it it's the big adrenaline rush I get from handing over my ticket.

phiiiiil

Having to guess how long you're going to be in the car park for, and then being reliant on nothing unexpected coming up that would detain you for more than your initial guess, is nothing but a money making scam. Car parks where you pay afterwards for what you've actually used are far fairer…

aracer
    Free Member

money making scam.

Don't you know how short of money councils are? They need every penny they can get. It's not as if it's not the same for everybody. Just think about all the children's support services you're helping to keep running if you pay for a bit longer than you really need. Don't you want deprived kids to get a bit of help?

falkirk-mark

does she sometimes pop down wearing her pyjamas ?

No read the post she shops on the internet

falkirk-mark

Don't you know how short of money councils are? They need every penny they can get. It's not as if it's not the same for everybody. Just think about all the children's support services you're helping to keep running if you pay for a bit longer than you really need. Don't you want deprived kids to get a bit of help coucillors to be overpaid?

fixed that for you

Kuco

LOL 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can't help it it's the big adrenaline rush I get

That old excuse. Why don't you add a bit of "excitement" in your life by doing something useful for the community ………maybe join the Rotary Club ? 💡

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No read the post she shops on the internet

I did read the post. It said : "the wife does the shopping on the internet ( but I believe she has used tesco on occasion}"

jon1973
    Free Member

……..maybe join the Rotary Club ?

Maybe you should try that ernie, it may give you a sense of perspective.

falkirk-mark

Yes Tesco internet, go and put your Honda Jazz in the garage

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Modern Parking dilema’ is closed to new replies.