Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mock the Week missing Frankie?
  • cove123

thought it was alright but missed Frankie's dirty jokes!!!!

Marge
    Free Member

Frankie replaced by Patrick Kielty?
    I hope that is a one off.
    Christ – my mum is funnier & she so isn't funny…

speaker2animals

I think it was a one off. As much as Iike FrNkie and find him funny he is really a one joke act. Think of the most contraversial joke you can and say it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

But that Milton Jones bloke was hilarious!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Frankie replaced by Patrick Kielty?

Glad i missed it then.

Munqe-chick:
    But that Milton Jones bloke was hilarious!!!

Check out his live DVD…very good.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Yes he said he was leaving the show before christmas – shame, he was the best one there.

mtbfix

He was funny but a real one trick pony. Last night's episode passed in a flash so must have been funny enough without him.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Misses him without a doubt.

Although I agree about that Milton chappy *chuckles at a field full of carrots*

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Things is I seen quite a few comedians live (including a lot from Mock the week) and Frankie Boyle was THE most disappointing live. Did a very short 45 minute set and did all the jokes he'd already used on Mock the Week, so after that opinions changed a little! But still quite funny.

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

He is a bit of one trick pony. I've seen a dvd of his live show and it seems the best he's got to offer is a dull copy of Jerry Sadowicz. He's a much sanitised version though. The exception being that Frankie thinks Glasgow is still in the 70s and Jerry hates Dundee with a passion. Now that I can understand! 😉

I haven't watched the show from last night yet (it's recorded for tonight) but assumed that it wouldn't be the same. Does't make it worse though. Are the others still there?

andywarner
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – totally agree. Went to see him in York at the end of 08 with high expectations after MtW and found him dull and repetitive. Got the impression he's a bitter, sad little man who happened to be given a quick but limited wit.

white101

I like FB but agree with above comments, saw him live about 18months and apart from a handful of jokes most were from MTW.
    Michael Mcintyre is ok for a few minutes in between acts on that Live at the apollo show, but I couldn't watch him for 90mins.
    I liked Russell Howards show on BBC3 and that was pretty good.
    Reginald D hunter, now, he da man!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Dara O'Brian was good life, but Ed Byrne was hilarious and did a long set! He had put in a lot of effort and was just so good I was crying especially in the 2nd half!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think what happens is most of the comedians will use their own material on Mock the Week, there will be very little original/spontaneous stuff on there. Probably if you ahd seen Milton Jones live you would already have heard last nights jokes before. I thought he was very good in the little bit I saw, "if I had rabies and you offered me bird flu I'd bite your hand off".

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mock the Week missing Frankie?’ is closed to new replies.