Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mobile WiFi 3g Kit
  • geoffj

Anyone using one?

I might try and blag one as an upgrade to my current contract. Anyone used one? Experiences?

Ta

hp_source

a mate got one a couple of months back, seems to work fine, wireless range is OK, just take it from room to room with you. we've had 3 laptops joined to it at a hotel and it perfomed OK.

Like all 3g dongles speed is fine providing you're in a good signal area.

dave_aber
    Free Member

My E71 does that. Very handy if your laptop/PDA/PSP etc doesn't have bluetooth.

Unlimited data for £7 a month bolt-on with O2.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

Have been using one for 6 months or so and it's good. Great battery life – around 4 hours and always gets a good signal. The only downside is that the default WEP password can only be changed via a windows PC and there isn't a dashboard tool available for the mac.

geoffj

there isn't a dashboard tool available for the mac.

🙁

drapes
    Free Member

got a vodaphone one. You need to be in an area with a decent mobile phone signal (obviously) and the speed is much better outside peak times (about 5-7 in the evening on weekdays seems to be busy) Ive had it for about 3 years now as i dont have a land line. They do work well. Watch out for the limit tho. Mine has a 3 gig limit which i never got near but my flatmate decided to watch 4 episodes of eastenders every week and went over by a few gig. Cost shed loads!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mobile WiFi 3g Kit’ is closed to new replies.