Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Minton Batch Tandem Cam.
  • singlespeedstu

Spot the woksmuggler at the side of the trail. 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXXaKgrom8[/video]

cinnamon_girl

You did have gears for the Long Mynd surely??

Am I the only one to have been disappointed with the legendary Minton Batch descent?

molgrips
    Free Member

There is a better one than that, I forget its name. The one with the precipitous rocky section at the top.

robinbetts
    Free Member

I was a bit let down my it, after all the raving I’d heard. Although I did loose the back end at one point and rode about 5 metres at 90 degrees to the trail. That livened it up a bit!

Edt: not done it on a tandem though!!

earbyphil
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu. I was very suprised to see how little time your “passenger” spent with her head up. Is this normal for tandem users? Does she not get sick/queasy looking down?
    I bet it took longer to get the tandem up than getting down.
    Phil

plushhill
    Free Member

Minton Batch is not on its best form at the moment, too much traffic in poor conditions but it is one of many trails on the Long Mynd.

Nice tandem work though, how did it cope with the steep ups?

Scamper
    Free Member

That’s not the Batch i remember. Have they been messing around with it, as you used to have to go over that rock step near the top and there was loads of singletrack worn away into the stream making things interesting.

plushhill
    Free Member

That top rocky section had quite a bit of earth works done last year, rocks taken out and stream re-routed. Health and Safety is an issue on mixed user trails like these.

singlespeedstu

Am I the only one to have been disappointed with the legendary Minton Batch descent?

No you’re not. I don’t think that much to it either. It is however a lot more challenging on a tandem. 8)

There is a better one than that, I forget its name.

There are a few betterer descents than that but they’d be a bit much on a tandem. (Maybe not best to ride them on a saturday in daylight hours either) 😉

Nice tandem work though, how did it cope with the steep ups?

It ‘s fine on the ups but a lot harder work than on a solo.

We did have to push for about 20 foot on the Carding Mill climb though.
    (Just after you cross the metal pipe)

I was very suprised to see how little time your “passenger” spent with her head up

The stoker needs to get as low as possible on the descents to try and keep the bike as stable as possible.

You can’t see much from the back anyway.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6OpVn1skUM[/video]

TheBrick
    Free Member

That looked very quick. Is you stoker screaming near the end? By the runner and then the sheep.

singlespeedstu

Oh yes.

She loves it. 😆

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Guys,

I think the trail you refer to with the rocky bit at the top is The Batch, starts up by Jinley Guest house at the other end of the Mynd from Minton Batch and hugs the side of the hill before descending down along side the Golf Course and crossing a few streams, think it comes out in Little Stretton, might be All Stretton?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looked like fun and a fair old speed that. Nice

thekingofsweden

Still my man hero 😯 your so good

singlespeedstu

😳

Scamper
    Free Member

Puddle-rider – nah, that’s a different bridleway running past Jinlye down into All Stretton. That rocky drop has caught a few out, mind as has the boggy run-off below it 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Minton Batch Tandem Cam.’ is closed to new replies.