Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Minley manor riding?
  • germolene
    Free Member

I see they have changed venue for this race the Gorrick race this Sunday. Can anyone shed any light on the difference in riding at these 2 places? Minley manor vs Crowthorne

crosshair
    Free Member

+1 any advice gratefully received 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Similar. Flat, less gritty. Less dodgy start! Will probably be quite muddy, but not unrideable stuff.

gee
    Free Member

It’s quite similar but I’ve always preferred Minley. Really fast and flowing trails, in the dry…

They’ve been logging there quite extensively – a few lost trails and the fire roads were a mess last weekend.

GB

jasonm945
    Free Member

Just a quick question as I did my Basic and Combat Engineer training over the road, do you ride around Hawley Hard etc (Does it even still exist?)

Jay

njee20
    Free Member

Nothing really on the Hawley Lake side anymore, they used to do a triathlon there, but there’s work going on over there.

I echo gee’s thoughts that Minley is more fun than Crowthorne.

crosshair
    Free Member

Thanks. Crowthorne was my first ever race last year and I really enjoyed it. Are there any sharp climbs as climbing is my only strength 😉

njee20
    Free Member

No, not really. It’s very flat!

crosshair
    Free Member

Bugger!!

natrix
    Free Member

Nothing really on the Hawley Lake side anymore

Move on, nothing to see here (local trails for local folk 8) )

crosshair
    Free Member

T’was a fun course 🙂
    Finished 7th in the Open.

covertbaz
    Free Member

Where’s best to park and start ride from at Minley? Fairly local and would be nice change from Swinley

Muke
    Free Member

I don’t ride there often but I park up the top just off the Minley rd/A327 roundabout. Be aware that big sections of Minley are unrideable at the moment due to ongoing forestry work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Minley manor riding?’ is closed to new replies.