Viewing 2 posts - 201 through 202 (of 202 total)
  • Mini review – Transition Smuggler
  • roverpig

What does it look like whit 27.5’s installed?

Like this 🙂

Not that I ever rode it in anger like this. The BB is quite low enough in 29er mode and I have no desire to drop it any lower. But I has the wheels for another project, so dropped them in and took it for a quick spin around the village, for a laugh.

The angles stay the same of course, it just gets a bit lower with a bit less tyre clearance.

GavinB

This thread caught my eye, as I was looking around for some information on the shock size on the Smuggler.

Having re-read my initial comments, I’d say that not much has changed, and I still love this bike – it does everything very, very well, and is very fun. The only issue I’ve found is that the lack of clearance at the back means that when running a 2.3+ tyre, if it gets sloppy, the back end will get clogged up very fast. I’ve had a couple of shockers, when this has happened on race runs and pretty much given up on stages as the drag from the back has been so bad.

Apparently this has been addressed in later models, but worth thinking about, or just run narrower tyres.

Viewing 2 posts - 201 through 202 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘Mini review – Transition Smuggler’ is closed to new replies.