Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Mini Indoor Helicopters – buying advice needed
  • dawson

Thinking of getting one as a gift for someone – Whats the crack with regards to batteries?

seen a couple on Amazon and also this
    http://www.mightydeals.co.uk/deals/national/Gadgets/Save-62-on-a-remote-control-twin-rotor-helicopter-Now-19-worth-49.99/33

Any good ones about for £20-ish?

DezB
    Free Member

Whats the crack with regards to batteries?

The one I had took about 8 AA batteries in the remote and the helicopter plugged in to the remote to charge it.
    (It was also a present and the novelty soon wore off.)

fenred
    Free Member

Bloke I work with sells the Twister range for around £30, 4AA’s in controler mini usb to copter…5-8 mins flytime (yet to change the AA’s. I’m on my 2nd helicopter after my first one got wiped out by my MD’s bad boy flying ipad controlled UFO thingy…That and the fact I am THE worlds worse pilot 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    totalshell

wanting one for christmas i trawlled the forums and bought this.. syma s107g now 21 notes..the price has gone up i only paid 18.70 delivered last week!!

the kids have been ‘primed’ as has mrs tts and thier ordering it for ‘special santa delivery’ xmas eved.. dont you just love lying to young kids..

chiefgrooveguru

They’re much more fun in a house with big rooms and high ceilings (which mine hasn’t) otherwise the reverse ground-effect on the ceiling can make them rather tricky to fly.

Cougar
    thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have had a couple, they are great fun Indoors with a high ceiling, outside a little gust of wind will blow them away, they break easily when crashed.

dawson

thanks – that Syma looks good.

instanthit
    Free Member

I have an indoor copter still in the box from last xmas. Cant remember which one but if your interested mail me for pics and price.

Cougar

That’d be a lot easier if you had an address on your profile.

Post details? I’m sure someone will be interested.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a Pico Z.

It is sh1t.

AlexSimon

I haven’t tried one with a Gyro, but that’s where I’d put my money.
    I think that Syma is the cheapest with a Gyro.

instanthit
    Free Member

Address is in profile now, slight oversight.
    Anyway if anyone interested in an unused copter…..mail me.

roady_tony
    Free Member

i got the chinook style one – its awesome, although i find its better when the battery in the copter is just off full charge as its easier to control.

outside its a nightmare, as wind can take it and you end up having to negotiate a field full of cows and pats to get the copter back 🙁

epicyclo

Helicopters are old hat.

You need one of these: 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pico Z.

It is sh1t.

yep, they are. they’re only 2 channels & when one of those is throttle (up/down) then you don’t get much control over roll/pitch/yaw

The E-Flite Blade range are pretty good but not cheap

Cougar

Having read all the threads, I think I want one of these.

john_drummer
    Free Member

looks good.

the c0-ax one will probably be easier to fly, but the FP one will probably be more rewarding in the long run.

what the hell! get both 😉

dawson

arrrgghh! This wasn’t supposed to be this complicated!

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Syma S107,

Incredibly easy to fly accurately, at £20 from Amazon a bargain.

Just bought the newer S107G which has improvements over the original.
    Charges from USB port on your PC. 30 minutes charge gives about 8 minutes flying time. Standard AA batteries in the remote control unit.

Made mainly of metal and bounces fairly well.Spare parts easily available from ebay if you need new rotors.

AlexSimon

I think Cougar might have just cost me £40!
    (or about £32 if I don’t mind waiting for Hong Kong delivery)

jimmers
    Free Member

chinook

Got one of these. Good fun and it comes with stabilisers so you can use them to get the hang of it and then take them off to do more advanced manoeuvres.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Mini Indoor Helicopters – buying advice needed’ is closed to new replies.