Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • mini clubman
  • seifahmad
    Free Member

looking for a new car and quite like the idea of this

anyone got one
    looking at the cooper d clubman

what are your thoughts

clubber
    Free Member

Are you a hairdresser/estate agent? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beat me to it, Clubber! 🙂

Far better cars are available for that sort of money.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You know the suicide-half-door opens onto the street?

ski
    Free Member

Have they sorted out the back door now, so it opens on the left and not the right?

sobriety
    Free Member

It's not a clubman! It's a mini estate!!! This is a clubman, ARRRRRRGH!!

Olly
    Free Member

what sobriety said.

BMW bought the wrong name when they bought the rights.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends, if 4 seats and a small boot is all you need I'd say they'r a pretty cool little car.

There's a guy who lives in Slakenhall (sp?) in the Peaks and rides for a DH team with one branded up with sponsor logos, so they obviously fit big bikes in them.

Andy-W
    Free Member

Does the rear sidedoor still open onto the roadside not the curbside….not good when the kids are in the back

Passed my test in a clubman estate over 20 years ago….oh those were the days driving round pumping the brakes all the time just to be able to stop .

I never did get that 1275GT 🙁

geoffj

They look like a hearse for midgets.

votchy
    Free Member

Gopping things

fadda

+1 geoffj

Rex
    Free Member

that oldschool yellow one looks ace. my first car as a clubman 1275gt…

no idea re the new ones!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sobriety – I had one just like that one – 1275GT. A total rust-bucket but I loved it. Spent hours tinkering with it and even gave it a full respray in my mum & dad's garage. That was some 20 years ago yet the yellow dust can still be found 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I might even have to upload the picture I still have of it 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

My sister has one (not a clubby) and there is a silver ritz rotting in peace in my parents garage, once i get round to owning a house with a garage i'm planning on buying my own £50 special (and a mig welder!)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I never understood the obsession some people had with Minis. Hateful little things.

And then the new one comes out and everyone thinks they are great; not overpriced girly runabouts.

And I have driven both, before the obvious comments start to fly.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Probably whimsical recollections of the joy of first car ownership.

My first one was a 'standard' Mini 1000 reg SNO 577K that our dad bought for me and my brother to share.

I have no idea of the registration numbers of any cars since (including the one I drive now). I guess that means something for how your first car makes you feel.

markenduro
    Free Member

they look like an oven from the back and have a stupid extra door on the wrong side of the car to be sensible in this country.

scaredypants

*sniff*

my 1st car was a mini clubman 1100
    still got the number plate in the garage

billybob
    Free Member

horrid little things – perfect example of what is wrong with creativity today – why bother doing something new when you can rehash old ideas…

bullheart
    Free Member

Pant moustache.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But if I had the time, space and money, I would love to build myself a deseamed mini…

tracknicko
    Free Member

nothing wuite like it for the feel of speed, the abaility to use a single lane to apex corners etc. etc.

awesome little death boxes.

oh and im talking original of course.

DezB
    Free Member

It's not a clubman! It's a mini estate!!! This is a clubman, ARRRRRRGH!!

Quite clearly, it is called a Mini (One) Clubman. So you are incorrect.

http://www.mini.co.uk/html/model_range/mini_one_clubman/home.html?s3_route=leftnavi_home

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

love new minis, had a cooper when they first came out, switched to honda type r (fast but bland as a very bland thing)for 18 months then back to cooper s, however, clubman just doesn't do it for me. to live with it's probably the same as the 3 door, downside… very harsh ride, forget trying to carry anything in it (clubman is slightly bigger but still small), upside… puts a smile on your face and every journey is a mini adventure.

robob
    Free Member

i've got one and i think it's ace! been everywhere in it. fairly quick, comfortable different to all the Octavias in the car park, bikes in the back or on the roof, i likey. new one coming next week!

robob
    Free Member

ps; can't carry anything in it??

2 adults, kid in chair, weekend camping gear, pushchair and baby carrier rucksack thing. admitedly it was a squeeze, i'm not pretending they're a family car, but to say you can't carry anything in it is plain wrong!

harsh ride? on the 17"s lets call it "sporting" 😉 but the clubman scoots down m'ways better as the long wheelbase helps to smooth out the pitching you get in all smaller cars.

rOcKeTdOg

can you fit a tow bar to the clubman, i hate bikes on the roof

simon1975

When I see this:

it reminds me of this:

But where's all the lovely wood gone from the BMW version?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

It's NOT a Clubman, it's a Countryman. If it had the proper square front I would probably want one. It doesn't (EU rules probably) and BMW couldn't even be bothered to put the door on the right side for us, so they can piss right off.

andrewy33
    Free Member

rootes1

omg that is sad as… i pity the fool who has to drive it…

chakaping
    Free Member

Awful-looking cars.

Only those PT Cruisers look worse, IMO.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘mini clubman’ is closed to new replies.