Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Millionaire Drop
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Another vulgar TV show making entertainment from the vulnerability of normal hard working people.

Shame on you Davina McCall you parasite!

jimmy

tis gash. poorly done and vulgar.

FuzzyWuzzy

I've only watched bits before during ads for something else but had to watch the last few questions for that couple last night who ended up with £525,000 riding on the last question. Couldn't believe Davina was asking them what they'd spend it on right before, pretty cruel :p Thought the guy was going to pass out after they lost it…

Drac

If you don't want to be a twunt of tv, don't go on tv. Simple.

highclimber
    Free Member

its too painful to watch hence why I stopped!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Oh right, so the TV company has no duty of care towards these people?

If you were young, or hard up, wouldn't the lure of a million pounds tempt you to be a so called "twunt" on TV?

I wonder if the TV show makers things of the words "cannon" and "fodder" at any stage? Yes! They are also thinking about audience figures and profit!

The feelings those two who lost last night must have been horrendous and for the show makers, this situation was pure gold for them! It cost them very little to get the sensation they know a lot of "saddo" viewers crave.

The brutal "all or nothing" nature of the show is particularly distasteful.

It's gutter TV pandering to the distasteful appetite for the sadistic voyeurism that a significant sector of the TV viewing public has developed.

Other shows like Big Brother (oh, another Davina McCall hosted show), or the earlier episodes of Britain's Got Talent, where they televize people to making complete fools of themselves. Do they really have to show these ugly scenes with the moronic jeering/laughing audiences, who have been whipped up into a frenzy by a warm up act?

I agree, these people are stupid to go on TV, but many have no self-awareness anf aren't smart enough to understand the implications of what they are putting themselves forward for. It's like a modern day circus freak show! Sheer unashamed exploitation!

The TV viewer should be ashamed of this type of display, not enjoying watching it!!!

Much as I hate regulation, I hope TV companies that pedal this sort of trash programming are going to find themselves in deep trouble at some point!

warton
    Free Member

is it really that bad? people have the chance to win 1 million quid, the chances are they won't, big deal!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Spongebob – Member

In your world, perhaps. It's hardly a new phenomenon.

davidrussell
    Free Member

Davina is like a fine wine – i think she's improving with age…

Spongebob
    Free Member

is it really that bad? people have the chance to win 1 million quid, the chances are they won't, big deal!

So it does just comes down to money?

The contestants had a "chance" to win big, but let's be totally clear about this arrangement – the programme makers are doing it for profit, they are the winners and as we saw last night, they don't give a damn about those who loose.

If you think it's no big deal because they might have a chance of winning, carry on watching.

njee20
    Free Member

I was on the Weakest Link looking like a twunt. However, I won £2500, so it was worthwhile. I'd happily do it again for £1 million!

Spot on!

_tom_
    Free Member

It's alright, just a bit of light entertainment and something easy to watch.

Agreed! Proper milf now 😛

njee20
    Free Member

I was the pit bitch for her husbands team at Strathpuffer 2008, fun fact.

Drac

The contestants had a "chance" to win big, but let's be totally clear about this arrangement – the programme makers are doing it for profit, they are the winners and as we saw last night, they don't give a damn about those who loose.

It's done for effect to make people think, "Oh my God!" but I bet afterwards they offers support and sympathy. Only the gullible believe what they see on TV.

jimmy

davidrussell – Member

I'd like to agree, but she's too f**king annoying nowadays. Her presenter skills have been ripped apart by this shite.

Still, yeah, I would. of course. Twice.

warton
    Free Member

the programme makers are doing it for profit

You're joking right? the company that makes this programme is making a profit? thats disgraceful, they must be stopped, what is the world coming to when a company wants to make money 🙁

Drac

I know it's shocking and I bet the game rules aren't explained to them or the fact that it's televised live.

tron
    Free Member

Agreed! Proper milf now

You lot are talking about the shouty woman who presents all the Big Brother related rubbish aren't you? Jesus wept!

coffeeking
    Free Member

If you were young, or hard up, wouldn't the lure of a million pounds tempt you to be a so called "twunt" on TV?

No. The contestants are not paying to be there, they're not putting money into a pot that they may lose. They are being given a chance to win lots, or go home with nothing. What possible duty of care do the company have to the contestants? OR are you suggesting a full psych exam before and after to ensure they've not been traumatised by their experience of missing out on some cash?

I agree, these people are stupid to go on TV, but many have no self-awareness anf aren't smart enough to understand the implications of what they are putting themselves forward for. It's like a modern day circus freak show! Sheer unashamed exploitation!

Some of them I do agree seem a little short of cells or have questionable mental health, and I find them a little distasteful to watch being laughed at, but 99% of the entrants know exactly what they're doing there, exactly what the risks are (virtually none other than looking a bit daft) and exactly what they could get out of it. Lets stop taking personal responsibility off people and forcing it upon organisations, its the thin end of the wedge.

jimmy

Just caught the tail end – TV Gold. A couple on their first question;

Pussy Galore – Octopussy – Dr Christmas Jones – *forgotten the 4th*

Which of these Bond Girls appeared earliest?

Matey boy turns round and asks "OK, which of these is not a bond girl? I don't think Pussy Galore is…. etc for 1 minute, spreads money evenly between all 3 except Pussy Galore.

Then

All 3 drop at once leaving Pussy galore with no money.

Haha.

davidrussell
    Free Member

You lot are talking about the shouty woman who presents all the Big Brother related rubbish aren't you? Jesus wept!

yup. Personally I'd love it if she was "shouty" with me…

richmtb

FFS its only a game show, and as these things go not a bad one, much better than that Noel Edmonds sh1te.

Although I wish they would bring back William G Stewart

tron
    Free Member

Man, 15 to 1. Now that was a gameshow. Incredibly difficult to win and only a poxy old vase if you did.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

this is where it's all heading:

Series 7

and for you Davina appreciators out there:

davidrussell
    Free Member

she definitely wouldn't take no for an answer.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Millionaire Drop’ is closed to new replies.