Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mike @ Dialled Bikes, what a throughly decent chap.
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

I'm off to the US in a few weeks and I'm taking my bike (a DB Love/Hate) with me to race in the singlespeed class of this race.

As its been a while since I raced last the kit that I used to use, namely RAFCC kit, is not very suitable really as I left the RAF nearly two years ago. Remembering back I recalled that MIke used to make a Dialled Bikes race jersey and being a slight brand whore for Dialled Bikes (I own three different DB frames) I emailed him to see if I could buy one.

Alas, Mike only makes BMX jerseys currently but all was not lost. Delving into his own personnel stash which he keeps aside for a rainy day he pulled free a medium jersey like the one on the left on this page and sent it to me gratis!

In case you are around Mike, thanks very much. It fits great (slightly more 'relaxed' than my old RAFCC one) and if we bump into each other again I owe you a beer.

Oh and I'll try not to get the wooden spoon but it is my first race on a singlespeed.

🙂

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

good luck s&j

thumbs up mike!!

btw do you know any movers??? i need to get my bike from the uk to the falklands?? thanks Shaun/RB

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Ratboy – Yes I do know a few movers but it shouldn't be an issue. Just box your bike of choice up in an MFO box and send it of the FDS.

You might just get away with a bike bag though, thats how I got my bike out to Cyprus on the few occasions I had to go on out there. Luggage size restrictions aren't such an issue on RAF flights, just the delays………. 🙁

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

the only other idea i have is to send it out as freight from 17 port (where i work) a ship leaves every 2 weeks for port stanley!!

im not to sure i want to put my orange in mfo!! it will get smashed

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Surely its not beyond the realms of ability for an engineer such as a shipwright to pack a bike into a box in a manner that will prevent damage, especially as MFO has almost no weight limit!

BTW, when are you Bennyville bound?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

some time between september and march ?????

i was going to build a plywood box with metal tubes screwed across it to prevent crushing the rear stays.

im looking forward to it, have you been there?? i was chatting to a raf guy at ssuk09 who has been out there for 6 months proir to ssuk and he said all he did was run he coulnt cycle because of the wind!!

rOcKeTdOg

Mike is indeed a good chap and i've not had anything free 🙂

I just slaughtered a kitten to restore the good/evil balance.

You two armed forces bum chums should get a room 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

you're going to be plagued with calls from people just speculating about whether you've got any tops left now, mike!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

thanks mike!!

i have a DB xc top…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I could have got one of these instead,

Nice.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

And chased a rider wearing one of these all race,

OMG 😯 those tops are truly horrible!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Plenty more here.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mike @ Dialled Bikes, what a throughly decent chap.’ is closed to new replies.