Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Migraines WTF
  • failedengineer

I often get a ‘mild’ attack when out biking in hot weather. 2 x pink Migraleve as soon as it starts (not always easy) helps, but I feel terrible when I get home for a couple of hours, sometimes more. Anyone else suffer like this?

kiwijohn

I got off lightly today. Saw it coming on before a ride, coffee straight away & the ride was pretty good. Neurofen when I got home took the edge off the headache, but it’s still there.
    Certainly not the worst I’ve had. Used to get them around exam time at uni. Dont know what brought on today’s, it’s been a very relaxed week.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Sometimes I’d find that as soon as I started to relax, it would start.
    sometimes I wake up with the caterpillar thing. Two tablets & go straight back to bed, phone in sick if it’s a work day as I’ll be unable to drive for at least an hour and pretty useless even after that.

I always feel “woozy” after taking pink Migraleve; usually constipated too but you don’t really want to know that 😉

And about half a day later I could eat a horse

willej

Failedengineer, yes, I’ve had some of my worst after long summer rides. I put them down to sweeteners in my energy drink. I changed to the sweetener free drink by torq, which seems to have stopped the post ride migrane for me.

higgo
    Free Member

Here we go again…..

DrP

If you have a clicky jaw it’s probably your TM joint dislocating as you close your mouth. This puts all the muscles across your skull into spasm with the result being lots of and lots of headaches, neck pain and so on…

No doubt this sort of issue can aggravate muscular/tension type headaches, but migraines are felt to be a vascular process which is unlikely to be affected by the TMJ (as far as my readings have suggested).
    This isn’t saying tension type headaches aren’t bad, just that they’re not migraines.

I’m a migraine sufferer, and interestingly my pattern has changed as I got older – the number decreased, but developed the typical ‘aura’ before the headache.
    The key thing about diagnosing migraine is how disabling they are – you simply cannot function with a migraine, fact! I did have triptans for a bit, but they simply knocked me out for as long as the headache would, just without the pain…. I gave up on them as the net result was 24hrs of my life wasted with or without the pills!

Interestingly, for cluster headaches, high flow oxygen has shown to be beneficial too!

DrP

molgrips
    Free Member

Mrs Grips gets migranes, however only one proper one since we’ve been married. She called me saying she was poorly. So I came home from work to find her eventually hiding in the wardrobe in our room, because it was the quietest place she could find (the entire house was very quiet by normal standards). Phonophobia is one of her symptoms. Not helped by me wandering around the house bellowing ‘HELLO? WHERE ARE YOU?’ at the top of my lungs…

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Interestingly, for cluster headaches, high flow oxygen has shown to be beneficial too

Indeed it has, but sadly only as an abortive treatment, best I have found in that respect so far are the Sumatriptan injections

higgo
    Free Member

Phonophobia is one of her symptoms. Not helped by me wandering around the house bellowing ‘HELLO? WHERE ARE YOU?’ at the top of my lungs…

You bastard!

molgrips
    Free Member

It should be noted that I did not know about the phonophobia beforehand! I was not being a git… Migranes are not a joke…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Migraines WTF’ is closed to new replies.