Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Middleburn Cable Oilers – how many do you use?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’m thinking one on a full length front mech and maybe 2 on a full length rear, or is one on each cable enough? Positioned half way along?

And what’s a good lube to use?

cheers

tinsy
    Free Member

1 on each cable, I put it in the middle of the bend the cable takes from the shifter as I rekoned this to be the highest point of drag in the system… I have a shaddow type rear mech so cable routing is quite straight, if I didnt I would have possibly added another in the middle of that bend as well.

superfli
    Free Member

I use 2 on my rear cable. 1 on front.
    1/2 way on front and 1 by headtube + 1 by chainstay for rear.
    GT85 is fine.

You do however still need to change the inner every couple of years though – I’ve had one snap on me, presummbably from fatigue/old age.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run one per cable section. my thinking is 1/3 of the way down so to compensate for gravity. I also put them on straight section rather than on the bend so they don’t add to drag and the housing end will sit more fully located. I use gt85 but find I get a lot of back spray from it.

I’d use two on a full length front and three on a full length rear I think, then “chase and first, down the cable.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips. I’ve just realised that they come in packs of 3, so 2 packs should do 2 bikes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn Cable Oilers – how many do you use?’ is closed to new replies.