• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Microshift Arsis Carbon groupset – any good?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I can get a good deal on this – £200 for the 10 speed Shifters, both emchs, and cassette.

Would it be a worthy upgrade over a tiagra/sora combination (8 speed)?

yoda
    Free Member

For 200 notes I’ll have a set too!

I’ve had various bits spread between the cross bike and the road bike. Rear mech is still going strong, shifters lasted 2 years on the cross bike until one of them (the rear) stopped working, took it apart but couldn’t cure it.
    friend has them on his road bike and is coming upto 3 years now.

Yak

I haven’t a clue about that particular groupset, but i do run microshift something or other. Just in case you are not familiar with microshift- the main thing is the way it shifts – push the big lever in to shift to a bigger cog on the cassette/chainset and push the small lever on the outside to a smaller cog. Brake lever only brakes. From the pics it looks to be the case on the arsis.

For me, this is preferable to the inside shift up on the sora, but not as good as tiagra, 105 etc upwards. This is because i can hit the mircoshift small lever easily when in the drops, but on sora it takes a huge thumb to do the same.

thats my twopence worth. I would recommend finding one in a shop to see if you like the ergonomics.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

yoda can get you a set for that – email me
    robjackson@hotmail,co,uk

Yak

Rob – the upshift is still a ‘button’ and not on the lever as such.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Microshift Arsis Carbon groupset – any good?’ is closed to new replies.