• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by JAG.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Microshift – gears and shifters
  • JAG

I’m looking at buying a new road bike via the Cycle-to-Work Scheme.

My LBS has the Moda Rubota

I like the look, price, wheels etc… but the thing I’ve never come across before is the Microshift White 10 speed transmission.

Anyone on here got any experience of this bike?

or experience of Microshift stuff and American Classis wheels?

Thanks 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

microshift grip shifts are crap …

i have heard good things about the road stuff … how ever if its not shimano or campag compatable id forget it …. parts in a few years will be non existant im willing to bet !

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The Versa 8-spd shifters I use for my Alfine are basically a modified Microshift unit, and they work really well. I think as a brand they’re a good value alternative to either of the big Ss.

bullheart
    Free Member

I have 9spd Microshift shifters on my road bike. I can honestly say there cleaner-shifting and nicer than the Tiagra ones they replaced.

marka.
    Free Member

My wife has a 10 speed MicroShift on a road bike. It works ok and she doesn’t have any problems with shifting at all. She hasn’t tried Shimano/Campag/SRAM so hasn’t built up a preference to the normal shifters.

The rear cassette and chain only lasted a few months, but I think it could have been her doing extreme chainlines (small-small, mainly). She’s got better and hopefully it will last better. The shifters themselves have been faultess.

They’re Shimano compatible so it’s all easy. I think (but haven’t checked) that the bike shop replaced Microshift gears with Shimano ones.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

go for it, nice to try some thing else for a change… you would be amazed how makes a lot of stuff for Sram

JAG

Thanks Guys.

It’s a lovely bike and I have got approval from t’other half so…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Microshift – gears and shifters’ is closed to new replies.