• This topic has 50 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Micro 4/3 -> DSLR… big improvement in image quality?
  • dobo
    Free Member

I’ve been super impressed by the oly epm2 with a panny 20mm 1.7, can take low light pics i never thought possible.
    i got this combo due to the small size and if you shop around you can get some crazy deals, my new red epm2 was £120, replacing the epm1 (which cost me more) i think and the lens £100 from argos outlet couple year ago. no way would i pay full price for any of it.
    really happy with it though

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well one test pic with the A5000 vs the GF2 is pretty conclusive, it’s about 2/3 the size too.

Cheers for the advice peeps.

dobo
    Free Member

A5000 looks a good choice, let us know how you get on with it and get some pics up. size looks about the same as the epm2 and can be chucked in a backpack nicely on the bike.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Good to hear.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well one test pic with the A5000 vs the GF2 is pretty conclusive, it’s about 2/3 the size too.

Cheers for the advice peeps.

I’ve been looking at the a5000 (along with a few others). How are you finding it? Is there any lag? do you miss a proper viewfinder?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not played with it further. It’s light and the lens a lot shorter than the GF2. I’m used to no viewfinder. Focus seems slightly slower than GF2 but that was poor light. £199 seems a good deal cf ebay etc

cp

Quick question for a5000 users – what are the overall dimensions including the kit 16-50 lens?

I can find endless regurgitation of the standard body spec online but no specific mention of how big it is with the lens attached… other than ‘fits in a jacket pocket’.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have a play with this to compare sizes: camerasize.com

cp

Nice site… but still doesn’t include the lens on the sony

It’s distance from back panel/LCD to front of lens when fitted that I’m really after

5thElefant
    Free Member

There’s a ‘camera with lens’ link where you can specify the lens.

Alternatively Dyxum has camera and lens listings for all the e-mount kit.

cp

‘camera with lens’

crikey, it’s tiny!

edit – as in the link, it’s tiny. did have a look round for something.

confirms you need a big pocket for an a5000 with lens 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Micro 4/3 -> DSLR… big improvement in image quality?’ is closed to new replies.