Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Michelin Energy Saver tyres.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Do they really save you energy and therefore money and ultimately the environment?

psychle
    Free Member

80l of fuel over the life of the tyre or some such guff right? Surely you could save the same amount through a myriad of other factors?

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely you could save the same amount through a myriad of other factors?

Yeah but you could do those AS WELL as getting Energy tyres.

I gained about 2mpg in the Prius, 3-4mpg in the Passat, which are doing 52-63mpg and 50-54mpg respectively (although this was not tested scientifically, the difference was obvious).

The biggest difference with them though and possibly of greater benefit to the environment is that they last for absolutely ages – possibly twice as much as normal tyres – despite only costing a bit more. 25k on the Michelins on the Prius and they only seem half gone. Got Nokians on the Passat and they are excellently quiet.

They are not simply harder compounds, they contain scilica which is well known as a tyre additive that improves wear and decreases rolling resistance. It’s the same for bike tyres.

Oh and beware reading google articles. Early versions of Michelin scilica tyres (E3A I think) weren’t so good in the wet – but newer ones are better. I’ve certainly never had a problem.

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/technology/silica.asp

I recommend Nokian V – brilliant.

swoosh
    Free Member

molgrips – which Nokians do you use? i’m on the look out for some quiet tyres for my car. cheers

molgrips
    Free Member

Nokian summer tyres are just called Nokian, with the speed rating. So I use Vs cos they were the same price as H 🙂

Another reason to love the company. No stupid names and dozens of pretty pattern treads pretending to be something special.

I paid £93 a corner for 215/55/R16 Hs in high load version

angryratio
    Free Member

New style berlingo has them oem..
    and they seem to be looking great on all four corners coming up 23000 miles.

had them on a few cars.

As for improved fuel consumption.
    Check your pressures more often.

molgrips
    Free Member

Check your pressures more often

Which helps, AS WELL as lower rolling resistance 🙄 do you people not understand addition or something?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Michelin Energy Saver tyres.’ is closed to new replies.