Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Video of Ben Nevis down the path from the summit
  • cycletrials
    Free Member

Part 1 Ben Nevis

Part 2 Ben Nevis

Part 3 Ben Nevis

I have wanted to ride down Ben Nevis for a while, I was on holiday last week and it was on my list of things to do. I couldn’t have asked for a better day.
    The push up was hard graft and I considered turning back a few times. I made it up there ready for the ride back down.
    It was hard work getting back down but rode it all to the bottom. i was weak after the push up but it just got worse on the way down.
    my mount vision took it in its stride. no problems with it afterwards.

I couldn’t find any video of anyone else filming it. so hopefully this gives a few folk some inspiration to see what’s involved. the camera flattens it out a lot but you get the idea.

cheers chris

Liftman

How long did it take you to get to the top.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Nice, thanks for posting this. Will be doing it this summer sometime

Ewan
    Free Member

Interesting…. is it actually worth doing from a riding point of view, or just from a cool things to do point of view (if you see what I mean?)?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ewan – Member

Interesting…. is it actually worth doing from a riding point of view, or just from a cool things to do point of view (if you see what I mean?)?

Well you can see the video – for me? Not even remotely worth it. Hours of pushing / carrying your bike for miles of steep rocky stepped path? Far better riding to be done IMO

rickmeister

Thanks for this.. enjoyed the vids. Looks good..

Ewan
    Free Member

Well you can see the video – for me? Not even remotely worth it. Hours of pushing / carrying your bike for miles of steep rocky stepped path? Far better riding to be done IMO

Well I know what it looks like, but headcams aren’t always the best way to tell. Hence the question to the OP, as presumbaly they’ll know… horses mouth etc.

Robz
    Free Member

Well you can see the video – for me? Not even remotely worth it. Hours of pushing / carrying your bike for miles of steep rocky stepped path?

I can’t even begin to understand you. Miles of steep rocky path sounds pretty good to me.

Could you even ride down it? Might need a helmet too.

Looks like good fun. Not too many walkers? I haven’t watched it all yet.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ahhh,well done.Ive done it a number of times now and love the descent.You learn so much about what you can actually ride over.Theres a few bits i chickened out of but the amount you progress over the hour? is well worth it.

I plan to do it soon.For certain reasons.Just waiting for a good weathered monday off.

flow
    Free Member

Looks worth a go to me, nice one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Video of Ben Nevis down the path from the summit’ is closed to new replies.