Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • michelin bike tyres – views?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

hello all,

not used this brand for years – not since green wildgripper tyres ( didnt like them ) – whats the current stuff like? To pigeon hole my style of riding its – wait for it – 'jeycore angry XC rocky / muddy riding wheels on floor kinda stuff…'

cheers in advance

paul

eckinspain
    Free Member

I really liked the XC Dry on my previous bike but then it never rains here so they only had to cope with dry dusty trails mostly.

snaps
    Free Member

I've been running the 2.2 A.T.16 tubeless ready ones on XM819s with Stans sealant on 2 different bikes rear wheels down to 26psi & I'm happy with them, lasting well but grippy & zero punctures!

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

I see On-One are selling some 2.0 AT's for £20 plus BOGOFF.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yeah, but, once you pay postage etc. from on-one it's not so cheap, eh?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Get hem from CRC for £13.99 a tyre post free??

Bullet

I thought the AT's were pretty bullet proof – would go through most stuff from mud to Peaks and Afan trails without problems – and that was running tubed version tubeless with Stans sealant.

There are new Michelins coming out soon with updated tread patterns/construction…

Fraz
    Free Member

Im running 2.0 Mud XC tyres on my 575 at the moment. Its the tubeless folding bead type.

Dont suit me at all.

£30 for the pair posted if you want…

Fraz

renton
    Free Member

ive got the moutain all terrain 2.2 on my enduro and i really like them.

they are a little bit draggy though but stick like you know what!!

got mine from crc for 14 quid a tyre

Hadge
    Free Member

I loved the old Hot S 2.2 tyres, the all black ones not the garish red side-wall ones. Great grip in almost any conditions but at their best in the dry.

Candodavid
    Free Member

use Michelin all the time be it AT in both sizes 2.0 or 2.2, XC Dry, hardpack.
    Rubber compound is just right for me, be it on Mendips, Wales or wherever.

plenty of shops on e-bay doing good deals.

druidh
    Free Member

XCR ATs on the Onion and they're great. Nice, all-round ability tyre.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Introduced to Michelin AT's by Cando. Rode them since early spring this year.

Well made, light for the volume. Best in the dry and competent in every other circumstance. I found the front a bit 'scrabbly' when a little moisture or soft ground is introduced.

The shoulder knobs are quite widely spaced and I think between them it can give up grip a little. Makes for a nervous front wheel.

They are exactly what Michelin say they are – All Terrain – as a result, there are better tyres for each individual condition out there.

However, if you're they type of person who doesn't like to change tyres, I can't think of anything better.

daveplanetx
    Free Member

FWIW all being well were about to switch to free shipping from December 1st

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘michelin bike tyres – views?’ is closed to new replies.