Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Michael Hutchinson
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Has anyone seen M ichael Hutchinson being interviewed? He is described as cycling journalist and former racer .What he doesnt do is gloat about the fact he is the 10 comp record holder with 17.57 he took the record of some bloke called Wiggins who rode for Cofidis anyone know him ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was’nt he the lead singer for INXS aswell?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Do you mean Dr Hutch of The Comic?

No, I don’t know him personally, I know of him tho.

FuzzyWuzzy

I know some people don’t like it but his Cycling Weekly column is the best part of the mag for me. He doesn’t come across as well on TV (at least not when he’s done Eurosport stuff) but he’s hilarious IMO

Finkill

He is the current Brompton world champion!

Edric64
    Free Member

Thats the one, Dr Hutch from the comic. Still bloody quick at testing

Edric64
    Free Member

Having seen him on telly he could do with a good hair cut but I dont suppose its a problem under an aero helmet.Agree he writes better than he talks though

ChrisHeath

His book ‘The Hour’ is a right good read.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I know some people don’t like it but his Cycling Weekly column is the best part of the mag for me. He doesn’t come across as well on TV (at least not when he’s done Eurosport stuff) but he’s hilarious IMO

+1, think this applies to a lot of cyclists though. You spend a lot of time on a bike with your own thoughts for company, refine them, stick them down on a bit of paper and they’r probably funny/inteligent/whatever you intended them to be. Stick them infront of a camera and it doesn’t come accross so well. See also STW big hitters and keyboad warriors.

convert

Years ago I used to time trial against him – well when I say against him, he was in the same race! I remember seeing him often getting changed behind the door of his beat up old car down a country lane and carrying his bits and bobs to the HQ (read village hall) in a tatty old tesco pastic bag. It was a heady, heady world of glamour being on the national TT circuit!

slackalice
    Free Member

Was’nt he the lead singer for INXS aswell?

And for de-flowering Kylie…. 8)

m1kea
    Free Member

Hutch is our best (non pro) Tester by a country mile. He can come across as aloof but does have a nice sardonic sense of humour.

He nearly broke my 25 event record in May in utterly dismal conditions.

Oh and here’s some snaps from last year’s National 10
    . As I wrote, I love the complete lack of ceremony on that start line. – It couldn’t be further from what Brad’s had this past month

Edric64
    Free Member

He beat Team Skys Alex Dowsett to the 25 title this year as well ,dont forget hes still beating allcomers and approaching 40

kennyp
    Free Member

He writes very funny articles for the comic, and his book’s excellent too. A lot of folk however don’t realise what a brilliant time trialist he is. He’s very modest.

peterfile
    Free Member

He doesn’t come across as well on TV… but he’s hilarious IMO

Charlie Brooker

I couldn’t believe it when I eventually realised the columnist and tv presenter was the same person.

That said, still not as surprised/disappointed when i found out Konnie Huq was off the market. 🙁

rusty90
    Free Member

Oh and here’s some snaps from last year’s National 10.

Great stuff. They should have run the Olympic TT like that – start would be somewhere near South Mimms at 7.00 am, course details in an old copy of the RTTC handbook, get changed in the village hall, free cup of tea in exchange for your number afterwards.

Dickyboy

His book ‘The Hour’ is a right good read.

+1 just finished reading it on wednesday, interesting view on a world completely unknown to me, amused me to find myself milling with the hoards of spectators in Kingston a few hours later too – I mean TT as a spectator sport it’s not exactly up there is it?

aP
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I sat next to him at the Pickwick Club’s Christmas Picnic – he has a very, very dry sense of humour. His book displays some of that sardonic self deprecating wit.

FuzzyWuzzy

In terms of amateur TT hero’s Andy Wilkinson edges out Hutch for me, more because he was at his peak whilst I was TTing. I was in awe that his 100 mile TT splits (10 mile) were faster than my 10 mile PB for a long time.

m1kea
    Free Member

Fuzzy

I think you’ll find Wilko isn’t exactly hanging about at the mo .

I was involved in last year’s national / ESCA 24 where he utterly smashed his previous record. He and Jill came to the association’s award dinner and was so modest about his achievements.

GregMay
    Free Member

Irish national TT champ now. Nice chap, met him once at a race. Very sharp wit.

velocipede
    Free Member

I often see Andy Wilkinson on rides near why I live, near Delamere, and say to the kids: “see that guy over there, you won’t believe how quick he rode from Lands End to John O Groats…..”
    LEGEND!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Michael Hutchinson’ is closed to new replies.