Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)
  • Sierra Cycling Holidays Fuengirola Southern Spain
  • Dobbo

cu dubh you’re number 11. Just because drwatshisname has left the thread doesn’t mean ‘the list’ has been abandoned.

As one of the few people who didn’t offend drwhatshisface I’d like to nominate myself to be in charge of The List.

philconsequence
    Free Member

broken collarbone from a cycling holiday eh? so basically Sierra Cycling broke your bones and told you to write a google-friendly review or they’d break the rest of your bones?

sounds horrible, would you like me to send you a cyber-hug to shield you from the cyber-bullies who might cyber-hurt your already broken body?

anyway its thursday, must dash off to the post office to cash my DLA.

cudubh

Thanks Dobbo. I think the list is chronological but should it really be graded on level of bullying and are there different categories, elite, novice etc?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Can I be number 12?
    I’ll give the op a tin foil hat to wear. 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

” Just because drwatshisname has left the thread doesn’t mean ‘the list’ has been abandoned “

He will be back soon enough, Siesta’s don’t last that long do they ?

philconsequence
    Free Member

I think it’s about time somebody posted something (Positive) regarding Sierra Cycling over in Southern Spain. I went away twice with them last year, 10 days in April and a week in early October, which in a sentence speaks for itself.

Alan collected and returned me my bike and my belongings at Malaga Airport both times Free of Charge. On arrival at the Beach House there is always some food – biscuits/peanuts or a drink alcoholic or none alcoholic in the fridge which is perfect after a tiring flight and spending hours queuing.

Last time Ash one of the two British guides put my bike together for me and took me to the BMX track for an afternoons advanced skills coaching session and blast back down San Anton – even though it was his afternoon off – again Free of Charge. (Other companies charge £220 a day for a skills session)…

Alan and Mary are always up every morning to make a full cooked breakfast, fruit, cereal, fresh bread, orange, porridge or whatever you ask for – this is included in the price of the room. The riding is extremely varied and the guides have an extensive knowledge of the local area. The routes range from XC, technical single track to smooth fast techy enduro/downhill. A highlight for me was the El Chorro, Bob Astro and Holy trails out in the mountains behind Malaga. This is a truly stunning place with some great riding. (hoping to ride the Telecom Tower next time out)

Any technical or bike queries or issues are always dealt with and nothing is too much trouble. The fridges are always kept full of drinks pop, beer and there is freeview and internet access with a wash facility for cleaning your dusty clothing after a ride. If you want to cool off there is also a nice clean shared pool located in private secure gardens.

The accommodation is 100 meters walk from the Promenade which stretches down along the Mediterranean. From there you can walk in to town to find a decent cheap Tapas/Italian/Spanish restaurant or (Tahiti) bar where you can get a drink (cocktail) or game of pool. Last time this was all arranged by the guides and we all went out as a group – which was great for me being a single traveller.

I’ve just booked another week with Sierra as they cannot be beaten on price, value, accommodation, guiding/coaching, atmosphere, location, weather and riding. The reason I will go back again and again with Sierra is because I get a feeling their primary interest is with catering for you the customer and making sure you enjoy your time with them.

This is a lot more than can be said for another allegedly leading UK outfit that I have recently been away with where the relationship seemed strictly materialistic.

Keep up the good (hard) work Sierra,
    looking forward to September!

oh and i forgot to say.

AHAHAAAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAHAHAAAA! HAAAAAA!

‘pop’ who the hell says ‘pop’ anymore?!?!?!

me being a single traveller.

oh, that explains it.

pop.

seriously.

i’m going to get myself a glass of fizzypop

lol

Dobbo

On the list:

1. Crashtestmonkey
    2. Duggan
    3. footflaps
    4. drwato
    5. johnners
    6. Mark
    7. seavers
    8. WillC9999
    9. captain_bastard
    10. cb
    11. crazy-legs
    12. Munqe-chick
    13. couldashouldawoulda
    12. cu dubh
    13. philconsequence
    14. thisisnotaspoon (Edited Late Entry)

Pending = uselesshippy (you need to give some vauge abbuse then you’re on)

Not on the list:
    1. Dobbo

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m glad I’m not on the list, but I did call him a c@ck though. 😳

Ringo
    Free Member

I still say pop!!!!! What other word is there?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whatttttttttt!

I didn’t make the list?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’d report myself for bullying but i’m too busy trying to work out how this newfangled typewriter works

mods, seriously this couldn’t be anything but an advert, and the thread has clearly gone past the point of discussing the merits of whatever. close it before Drwato has the opportunity to bully more people who might have the misfortune to be on benefits.

and i apologise to the mods for my laughing at the term ‘pop’ but it is rather hilarious. i appreciate not everyone over the age of 85 can use the internet so i shouldn’t mock.

Mark

As one of the few people who didn’t offend drwhatshisface I’d like to nominate myself to be in charge of The List

We have the list. He’s reported every single one of you.

Dobbo

Apologies thisisnotaspoon now added, see above, good effort lad.

We have the list. He’s reported every single one of you.

😆 it’s even better than first expected then.

philconsequence
    Free Member

has he reported you mark?

BruceWee

I still say pop!!!!! What other word is there?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSd1aXvCTu4[/video]

wwaswas

He’s reported every single one of you.

wow.

He’s quite special isn’t he.

I think if I was on the sick and faking not being able to work I’d keep my head down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

happy and sad in 1 go, thought I was up for it having had an e-mail from the swear filter this week already.

Anyway

Whats green and gets you pissed??

A Giro!!

(little old there)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I want to be on this list – NOW!!!!

Or Ill report you all & put you on a list of my own!!!

(Ps whats the list for? If its experimental hormone replacement therapy Ill pass…)

wwaswas

is Elfin sat at home sniggering into his pale ale at this one?

jota180
    Free Member

If I’m not on the list, I’m either going to ……..
    a. say something to force my inclusion
    or….
    b. sue for discrimination

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont worry about what the list is for, you’ve posted on the thread now… you’re on it.

can i interest you in a pennysweet?

crazy-legs

can i interest you in a pennysweet?

Can I have a glass of pop with my pennysweet please?

mcboo
    Free Member

If I go on a Sierra Cycling holiday do I get to spend a week with drwato and people just like him? Who could resist? Alan must be dead chuffed the way this is going.

Wait a minute. “Alan retiring”….you think drwato might be picking up the business? mmmmm?

Duggan

Missed pole position on The List by one, bah

philconsequence
    Free Member

Can I have a glass of pop with my pennysweet please?

reported to the mods for bullying. you’re on my list now biatch!

if the OP is typical of the type of client that SC attracts, and his comments about meeting up with fellow holiday makers for rides since suggests so. then i wouldn’t consider a holiday with them.

taking into account the underhand, painfully obvious and devious nature of the spammy-obviously-an-advert opening post; its not painting SC in a good light.

i’d blame binners but he’s probably busy out riding a horse to the local market where he’ll try to sneak a peek at some wench’s ankles.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not only can I not be pigeonholed, apparently I can’t be listed either.

I guess Mrs Toast and I, escaped the wrath of khan drwato.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

On the list:

1. Crashtestmonkey
    2. Duggan
    3. footflaps
    4. drwato
    5. johnners
    6. Mark
    7. seavers
    8. WillC9999
    9. captain_bastard
    10. cb
    11. crazy-legs
    12. Munqe-chick
    13. couldashouldawoulda
    12. cu dubh
    13. philconsequence
    14. thisisnotaspoon (Edited Late Entry)

Pending = uselesshippy (you need to give some vauge abbuse then you’re on)

Not on the list:
    1. Dobbo

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo[/video]

Dobbo

Everyones Invited:

Even drwacko’s invited.

philconsequence
    Free Member

You’re a man of mystery jamie. The SpecialGuys spent most of the ride trying to work out what you do.

i’m changing my bets from graphic designer to the stars, to unemployed doley

EDIT – dobbo, that rivals some of Jamie’s gifs for instant and genuine lolz

good work sir!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

taking into account the underhand, painfully obvious and devious nature of the spammy-obviously-an-advert opening post; its not painting SC in a good light.

IF it was an attempt its spectacularly badly written which is only matched by how spectacularly its failed..

To add to if its true, just what does the OP take us for? What do SC take us for?

I for one hope its not what it appears to be as its leaving a bad taste in the mouth at the moment..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

And I thought Drwato was joking… Dobbo must be on the dole if he has the time, and can be bothered to put something like that together!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i particularly like the FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!!!11!!!1!ONE ONE!11!1! bits

ononeorange

Can I just say that this is my first time on this thread and I have neither been bullied nor even made the bullying list? It’s a disgrace, that’s what it is.

(And another vote here for “pop”. Of course that’s the word for it).

philconsequence
    Free Member

pop, you mean ‘bubblycolouredsugarwater’ surely?

schindler
    Free Member

Now look here, what’s all this talk of lists?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ooops now we’re fo it…

^
    !
    !
    !
    !….

philconsequence
    Free Member

i hope you’re all proud of yourselves.

this is a new low for STW

i’m disgusted.

philconsequence
    Free Member

pop.

seriously.

somebody could get hurt.

Milkie
    Free Member

You really didn’t do yourself any favours posting that review. No one likes users posting reviews as their first post, as it seems like an advert, which usually get deleted by the mods.

Then to get funny when people don’t agree with you and have a completely different point of view. STW is a massiv place of conflict! If we didn’t have this, this place would be dead or just get replies of “ditto”, which leads to very boring reading.

If you feel you’re being bullied, report it and step away from this site. Things ain’t going to get any better, just look at some of the other threads, some people are probably reading all this thinking “shit I had better not post”. There are many other sites where the bitchyness is a lot worse, and others that are a lot better.

Remember you are not just offending the people posting on this topic, but everyone who reads it, by posting comments like “hiding behind your computer”, “jobless”.

BTW don’t post a photo of your new/repaired forks on yer bike… You will have the piss ripped out of you, for a badly kept garden/kitchen etc.. By the sounds of it, you’ll take it to heart, it’s all in jest. 😉

Duggan

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Sierra Cycling Holidays Fuengirola Southern Spain’ is closed to new replies.