Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Met Parachute or Giro Feature
  • rock
    Free Member

Hi all,

Currently trying to decide if a met parachute is worth the investment. Does the face guard actually work? Anyone faceplanted in one? Or should I just get a regular pi$$pot style lid?

Cheers,
    Dave

z1ppy

I’d try both to make sure they fit your head before decided which to buy..
    If you ignore the trolling, there some reviews & recommendations (& haters) on this Parachute thread.

Off-hand the Feature is still on to try and buy list…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I used to have a Giro Switchblade back in the day – never got on with it for trail riding/mucking about in the woods. Too hot, reduced visbility, too much hassle to switch form full to open face mode.
    Have always used a fullface for DHish stuff and an open face lid the rest of the time – currently have a Giro Feature and it’s ace.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got both

The Parachute is a (now) slightly dated super-breezy XC lid with a bolt-on chin guard. The interior is basic like a rally car and although heavier than a normal lid the over-all fit distributes the weight nicely. Makes a great winter helmet and also very good for attaching thermonuclear helmet light(s)

The Feature is contemporary and less well ventilated than the Parachute although it’s still very comfortable. Basic retention system and straps help with the weight. Very good FF-tastic visor.

In terms of crashing I’ve done a bit and my instinct is always to turn my face away from impacts so that every head-first accident I’ve had has been on the side of my head. In this respect both helmets have great side coverage, the Parachute more than the Feature. I have crashed in my old THE F-14 which is very similar to the Feature and even though it had part of the tree embedded in it, I didn’t actually feel anything just a loud noise.

Whatever helmet you get, ensure that the maximum amount of the interior is in contact with your skull, don’t be fooled by retention systems that make the helmet ‘fit’ but there are still gaps all round

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Met Parachute or Giro Feature’ is closed to new replies.