Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Show me your met parachutes in action (preferably)
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

I’m after another met parachute as im ready for a replacement have they changed design this year?? And colours?? Please inspire me with your pics, thanks. Rupert.

footflaps

The 1st gen:

Met Parachute Helmet by brf, on Flickr

mk1fan
    Free Member

I’ve not truely understood the purpose or the functionality of that style of intermediate helmet.

ton

here rupert, we i know a bloke who wears a parachute…….he looks a right twunt in it.
    are you gonna do the same…………. 😆

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I wear a met parachute, had it since 2007. I don’t understand the intense negativity towards them, its a bit weird if you ask me. Great helmets.

I’m also looking at getting a new one, as the chin guard on mine is a bit bent off centre after landing on my face. Without it I could easily have lost my teeth. Don’t let the sad twunts on here put you off.

rocketman
    Free Member

was quite cold that day

philstone

Not the best but its an action shot…

I think its a great helmet as it stops my face getting attacked by branches etc!

I emailed MET at the beginning of the year – there’s been no updates apart from colour from last years to this year..

Freester

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Paul rocks by Pimpmaster Jazz, on Flickr

Grrr.
    Unbelievably, sold the helmet when it was 5 years old, for £50 on ebay.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably worth getting one for the added confidence it gives you when riding drops and jumps.

The guy in the video below is using one. The only problem I can see with it is you need to lift it up to eat an apple. Doesnt seem to hold him back to much though.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RqPHsnXKI[/video]

jordanm
    Free Member

The only problem I can see with it is you need to lift it up to eat an apple.

I reckon you could squoosh a banana through the chinguard bit alright..
    Academic for me though – I’m not up to riding the kind of terrain in that video yet. Don’t know how they managed that on a rigid. Pretty awesome, and sooooo smooth.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The other problem is they are essentially XC lids with a chin-guard. So you find yourself riding uphill in them. No doubt better vented than a DH helmet, but less so than a “normal” XC lid, so riding hard uphill until you’re sick isn’t advised (from personal experience)

Brycey
    Free Member

What’s next Rupert? You’ve now ticked off Orange Fives and Met Parachutes, what will your next trolling target be? Audi perhaps? Soft target and plenty on here will jump on the bandwagon given half the chance.

jam-bo

I was hoping for some awesome scorpion face grinds pictures.

1981miked
    Free Member

Thank you Brycey… I posted on another thread he was on..

I am fed up of this halfwit wasting forum space, I know I shouldn’t take the bait but I can’t help it.

His next troll will probably be tyre related… What a tube! Pun intended!

Go away Rupert…. You bore me!

lucien

Sits back with a cuppa

Bourbon anyone?

pussywillow
    Free Member

1981miked – Member
    Thank you Brycey… I posted on another thread he was on..
    I am fed up of this halfwit wasting forum space, I know I shouldn’t take the bait but I can’t help it.
    His next troll will probably be tyre related… What a tube! Pun intended!
    Go away Rupert…. You bore me!
    POSTED 38 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

U need to chill out man!!! So what if he’s trolling or not! Do u know him??? Just wondering like

ton

i think he is quite amusing…….but i am easily pleased.
    and it is a open forum afterall.

1981miked
    Free Member

I am chilled out man..

This gonk just gets on my thrupmney bits..

I usually just gloss over meaningless posters like that but not so today.

If I did know him, be assured I’d definately of disowned him by now. Just don’t see the point in trolling, however as it is a public forum I am free to express my dislike for this Rupert chap.. Perhaps it is you Pussywillow? Or perhaps it is me and this is all a smoke screen….

tomhoward

*Pulls up chair*

Hob nob anyone?

1981miked
    Free Member

Are they chocolate ones?

pussywillow
    Free Member

Haha! I don’t think u are chilled out man! Your free to express your hate for this dude just as he is entitled to put up a serious thread!! What’s so trolling about it? I think u have the big issue.

mildred

I’m not sure why anyone bothers replying but these threads do amuse me too. I’m actually looking forward to the next – Met Parachutes were done to death pre 08 hack.

1981miked
    Free Member

No issue here “man”

Peace and love, peace and love brother.. Spark up a rizzla and crack open a lilt Pussywillow..

Why u be all aggressive and ting?

Chill winston!

pussywillow
    Free Member

Let it go mike, your making yourself sound like a dick now!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I feel so used…..

1981miked
    Free Member

Am I Pussywillow?

I think I have been fair in my opinions so far, you were the one with the aggressive posts.. So I rather think you are coming across as a dick!

Back under your bridge troll/Pussywillow/Rupert.. Whatever your name is.

Does your Mum know your being a cheeky little scamp on the Internet? Run along now “man”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll reply hoping it’s not a troll.

They are great lids for bridging the gap between a “real” full face and an XC lid.

They offer some more protection for those OTB moments encountered when taking jumps & drops.
    As many will also say they will snap your neck and or rip your head off and explode in your face – never experienced that.

Light enough for an all day ride unless it’s boiling or feel the heat.

Much more vented than a Spec Deviant etc.

However I wont post any pics as they do make you look like a proper knob. But hey thats what safety kit normally does

oldgit
    Free Member

What have I missed here? just seems to be asking a few questions.

andylux
    Free Member

Leave Rupert alone, he just needs a new lid for his Orange Pursuit!

I reckon he’s got the reaction he was after……

pussywillow
    Free Member

1981miked – Member
    Am I Pussywillow?
    I think I have been fair in my opinions so far, you were the one with the aggressive posts.. So I rather think you are coming across as a dick!
    Back under your bridge troll/Pussywillow/Rupert.. Whatever your name is.
    Does your Mum know your being a cheeky little scamp on the Internet? Run along now “man”.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Telling u to chill is not being aggressive!! U really are starting to act like a penis! Mike/Rupert

1981miked
    Free Member

Yawn… U bore me.

Have a nice day.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Trolling or not I think a serious point has been missed here.

I have used the Parachute and it is not a good middle ground between full face and xc, I like the concept and agree with the notion it increases confidence but the Parachute is simply not up to the job.

It is too lightweight and the chin guard is shaped slightly wrong.

The result can be a shattered chin guard which i managed twice, yes twice, i never claimed to be smart!

As I said I like the concept so I started looking around and found the Casco Viper, it is expensive but it is streets ahead of the Parachute in terms of strength and is far far more comfortable.

I have been using mine for about 4 years now and love it, I have done Alps trips, Mega Avalanches and lots of solo riding on tech terrain in it and it is in my top 3 bits of kit.

Please do not think I am here just dissing the Parachute, I have Met xc lids and love them it is just that the Viper is genuinely better and much safer.

Be happy – go riding

Cheers

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Hmmm.. Thanks for the posts. Splendid display of pics there, thanks.
    I do wonder why people don’t like wearing them? Is it not a good idea to protect ones face aswell??
    Rupert.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Thats interesting Mbnut, I’ll check out the Casco Viper.
    My Met Parachute experience, I really messed up a jump and fell from about 3m face first. I put my arm out to soften the landing and broke my arm. My face was fine though, the chin guard dislocated and bent rather than shattered. I don’t see how you could make it shatter. My chin guard is till bent off centreline. I ended up with a mouth full of soil but no facial damage. So perhaps unsurprisingly I am a fan of the chin guard. I have to agree that they make you look like a dicksplash (espoecially when the chinguard is bent), but I think thats a price worth paying. Its not a facking cat walk after all.

honourablegeorge

Mbnut – Member

The result can be a shattered chin guard which i managed twice, yes twice, i never claimed to be smart!

So the chin guard broke, leaving your face unharmed?

I_Ache
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    Probably worth getting one for the added confidence it gives you when riding drops and jumps.

The guy in the video below is using one. The only problem I can see with it is you need to lift it up to eat an apple. Doesnt seem to hold him back to much though.

One of the funniest videos I have seen. It really captures what I think of when I hear of people wearing these helmets.

pussywillow
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    One of the funniest videos I have seen. It really captures what I think of when I hear of people wearing these helmets.

Yeh I agree! 😆
    Can’t get that vid on YouTube on iphone here’s the Vimeo one!

mk1fan
    Free Member

Love the video. The guy was enjoying himself, that’s the important bit.

:mrgreen:

Mbnut
    Free Member

Love the vid… reminds me of someone… or should I say lots of guys that have since become keen mtbers!!

I sustained injuries both time George, my point is not to say do not buy a Parachute but rather have a look around as there are much better products out there… that said I feel the Parachute is not a good product and do not like to see people wearing them but then I used them and at the time thought they were ok… that is ok mind, never excellent.

This thread has actually given me the idea of starting a top 3 mtb products thread… almost certainly been done but hey…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Show me your met parachutes in action (preferably)’ is closed to new replies.