Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MET Parachute helmet and specs ?
  • cakefacesmallblock

My o/h had an “off” at Coed y Brenin at the weekend.

She took a slight, nothing broken, knock to her chin. She had also had some expensive dental work completed last week. As a result she is seriously considering a MET Parachute lid, as a safeguard , for when she feels where she is riding might push her skills level a bit and doesn’t want to feel hampered by fear of a repeat performance ,or , sudden lack of confidence.
    Any users of this lid know if it can be comfortably worn with specs ? Or, indeed, got anything good bad or indifferent to say about them otherwise ?

Ta !

BoardinBob

Would work fine with glasses. I really like mine. A good compromise between comfort, cooling and protection

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think it is very light for a full face.

marky29er
    Free Member

I dont see why anyone would buy anything else to be honest. Superb helmet, breathes well, light, come up slightly large, so for a girly I would have thought the medium would suit, unless she has a massive head of course!

gavstorie
    Free Member

Worth having a look at the bell super 2r as well

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-bell-super-2r-helmet-2014.html

I have a parachute and its a good helmet but it does get pretty hot if there isnt a breeze to feed it with air..

cakefacesmallblock

Thanks people !
    With regard size, she doesn’t have a big head in any respect ! Just loads of hair !

ThePilot
    Free Member

Take a look at this too
    http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=392

I nearly bought one for my Alps trip but ran out of time in the end. Would seriously consider it or one of the others for next time though.

gavstorie
    Free Member

That must rank as one of the ugliest helmets ever created

marky29er
    Free Member

I had the casco viper prior to the parachute, its not a patch on the met, the main issue being the chinbar is so close, it causing rebreathing issues. The met doesnt suffer from that at all.

I nearly bought one for my Alps trip but ran out of time in the end. Would seriously consider it or one of the others for next time though.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I’ve got one! Really rate it nice well vented full face. I wear it with Bolle contour saftey specs with no issues.

Before i bought mine i really struggled to find reviews on it because everyone you ask pictures the old (Ugly ass)version which offered very little in the way of extra protection(@gavstorie is a prime example).

Its a completely different helmet now, just looks like a normal full face. I kinda think they should have used a new name to avoid the confusion and help us forget about the old one.

HansRey

i got one of the new style parachute helmets last month, after a similar accident to your OH. I ended up needing stitches around my mouth, so any additional protection is now appreciated!

I reckon that I’ll be wearing in autumn, winter and spring. Whilst the ventilation is impressive, i reckon it may be too much for some on a summer day. I’m really sweaty!

I would avoid anything with a removable chin bar, simply because the bar fitting is unlikely to be stiff.

It’s fine with glasses and goggles. It also comes with a surface to mount a camera, but I haven’t been using that.

I’d also recommend looking at the cause of the accident. Mine was due to poor tyre choice and going too fast on a new bike. Looking at the issue may help confidence grow back quicker

Lester
    Free Member

i sent mine back
    I found the fit was too loose, and I thought the next size down was too small.
    the deal breaker for me was the d buckles, which I thought were fiddly and awkward especially with gloves, and if you put in on and off a lot.
    im waiting for the bell super2R

marky29er
    Free Member

i sent mine back
    I found the fit was too loose, and I thought the next size down was too small.
    the deal breaker for me was the d buckles, which I thought were fiddly and awkward especially with gloves, and if you put in on and off a lot.
    im waiting for the bell super2R

What size head are you out of interest?

Lester
    Free Member

61 cms I think
    I will check tonight

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MET Parachute helmet and specs ?’ is closed to new replies.