Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • MERIDA Brass Monkeys Winter Series
  • pants
    Free Member

MONKEYIs now live for all info please go to

pants
    Free Member

So who's a Cheeky Monkey then?????

shortcut

Looking good Pants. Might have to put in an appearance.

pants
    Free Member

Entry only been live a week and entries are swinging in through the trees!

Don't delay enter today!

pants
    Free Member

The Cse is ready for you!!

pants
    Free Member

Camping at the venue will be open from 1600Hrs on the Saturday B4 each event.

Just for you people who have not entered yet, I and THT have ridden the CSE in all conditions and it rides great! No Big lakes like Bordon!!

Its a great CSE so don't delay enter today!!

See you all next weekend.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Pants, will there be entry on the day? I'm entered but just in case I can pursade any of my friends to enter!

pants
    Free Member

That's a yes but only just, as its almost full, it will be first come first serve on the day!

Can't wait!!

mandog

I'm booked for next Sunday. Looking forward to it. Should be cold and wet. I actually enjoyed the lakes of Bordon.

SurfKing
    Free Member

Pants, i'm entered, but please mail me if you can, as i have a couple questions to ask you about the race. email in profile, thanks.

pants
    Free Member

Entry is closed and is full, There maybe a few entries on the day if you ask!

I have no tally, but entry was 450+ on Weds.

pants
    Free Member

Just to add the CSe is in Great shape considering…..

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Pants – how's the course holding up? Lots of rain forecast overnight, so will it be a mud-fest?

mud-monster
    Free Member

Yes it was a MUD_FEST…. Good track. was anyone else there? 🙂

Just a little bit muddy the start straight was a bit boggy. Had to pull out after three laps and i felt good but front brake pads had gone down to the backing 🙁 🙁

pants
    Free Member

It even shocked me the ammount of rain we had overnight and on the day!

Areas that I thought would be OK, were muddy and rivers! LoL, oh well its Winter and I can't book great weather!

Hope you all enjoyed it!!

Taff
    Free Member

I fancied it but not fit enough to warrant it. Will be doing the next one if all geos well as it's a bit closer than the Soggy Bum series

chakaping
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it, great course despite the mud and lagoons.

glenncampbell

Yes indeed. Great course and just awful conditions – perfect for winter racing! My front brake piston seized and one pad was down to the metal, the other pad was perfect. It took one lap to wear away and started twisting the pad separator – retired at the end of lap two. How rubbish is that??

mauja
    Free Member

Just been replacing my brake pads too, both pads on the back down to the metal backing and the fronts weren't in much better condition either.

Managed 4 laps before retiring, had pretty much no brakes towards the end and couldn't face going out for another lap.

Fingers crossed for slightly drier conditions for the next one 🙂

shortcut

4 laps – good effort. i gave up after 2 with no back brake left and knowing the front would follow on soon.

the course was excellent a couple of weeks ago but started falling apart owing the the huge amounts of rain we had.

here is hoping for some nice sub zero temps for the rest of the series.

slimraybob
    Free Member

Enjoyed the hell out of it despite only making four laps, my brakes gave up at about 3:55 but at the speed I was managing then it wasn't really an issue. Great fun

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

My chain broke towards the end of lap one and I had to run to the finish where I fixed it. Then it broke again half way round lap 3 and I decided to call it a day, but to be honest it wasn't a total disappointment. The course was great (really great), but the weather was pretty atrocious and it was a bit of a relief to be able to stop.

If any of the organisers are reading this though, you need some more people on registration. The start of the 4 hour was delayed by about 40 minutes and we were all hanging around getting cold.

Also, despite the fact that the advertising said water was available I had to ask about 4 people where it was before finally getting the bikewash guy to disconnect his kit so I could fill up my bottles before the start.

Only other items on my wish list would be a better tannoy (that people could actually hear) and a free bikewash. I think it's a bit much to be charged £2 for about 1 minute's use of a jetwash.

pants
    Free Member

Registration will be sorted for Rnd 2, apologies, in the morning madness I managed to break speaker 2 's wire, we only had 1 working thats why it was not load and I forgot to Sign the 3 water points we had, sorry.

Apart from that a good day,(weather aside) I am glad you liked the Cse.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Yes, I'd recommend it to anyone as there were a wide range of abilities on the course but no congestion to speak of and all very friendly.

Probably won't make the December one as there are too many other things happening, but will try to make January.

chakaping
    Free Member

One question: We missed the start of the 2hr because we'd been told it would still be after the 4hr so had nipped off to keep warm back at the car park.

We ended up starting after the 4hr entrants, so are our times accurate on the timing website? Are our start times determined by our individual chips or is everybody's the same?

I'm guessing they are accurate, because my two laps are both the same time – but thought I might as well check for sure.

pants
    Free Member

LoL Well done all on that epic…..Series Points are up!

pants
    Free Member

Well the last Monkey is ready to play with you at Tweseldown! And the Cse is looking good!! 31st Jan 2010

Bring it on!!

http://www.meridabrassmonkeys.com

project
    Free Member

Where is it at, a post code and a town name dont help much,cant find directions etc.

dobo
    Free Member

click on the link on the website it shows a map, or follow the postcode and it will probably be signposted.

pants
    Free Member
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘MERIDA Brass Monkeys Winter Series’ is closed to new replies.