Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Mens Tennis Final – spoiler
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Looks like the plucky Brit dour Scotch ain’t going to do it.

RustySpanner

He’s starting to get a bit wound up – never a good sign.

0 – 3 in the second, 1 set down.

Never mind eh?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there’s time yet – if he loses his tightness from the occasion…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Another Tim Henman, good but crumbles under the pressure? He still needs a bit of personality and charisma… he’s so dull!

allthepies
    Free Member

Lost the plot now

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Did you ever think he would, he’s a miserable git.

LHS
    Free Member

Good! 😆

tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – he’s good but not quite good enough.

He’s much better than Henman!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I love the way that some of you like to jump on folk that are down. Thing is though if there’s one player in world tennis that could come back and win from that position then it’s the dour jock.

Wonder why both of them are complaining of sore eyes though.

RustySpanner

I love the way that some of you like to jump on folk that are down.

Only one person expressed satisfaction that he was losing.
    Perhaps they’re Serbian.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Typical British performance or should us English say Scottish?

No….. We’re all as bad as each other when the pressure is on arn’t we?

LHS
    Free Member

I love the way that some of you like to jump on folk that are down

I like to jump on Murray when he’s up or down. Just comes across as an anti-english miserable ****. IMPO of course!

bruk

Djokovic is on top form. Murray is going to have to play extremely well to beat him now.

Bet none of you lot have ever got frustrated at your inability to beat the world no 3.

Come on Andy attack him more.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Trouble with this final is that there are too many double handed backhands!

I always root for the player with the single handed backhand – I don’t understand why an adult would keep with a double hander once they have back muscles.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Trouble with this final is that there are too many double handed backhands!

I always root for the player with the single handed backhand – I don’t understand why an adult would keep with a double hander once they have back muscles.

Perhaps you should tell him? I’m sure he’d be gratefull for the advice.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No he was miserable before he reached the open final and will be even more miserable after, not jumping on him because he’s losing ( arrhh didums) just stating a fact he is a grump miserable uninspiring advert for his sport, have you ever hear him been interviewed send be to sleep and reaching for the prozac.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Typical British poerformance my rrrs – this performance isn’t as bad as when Federer seems to be mentally subserviant to Nadal – there has been several occassions where Federer should have won but just lets Nadal push him around and seems to just not believe he can beat Nadal – that’s not the case here – Murray believe he can win (which he can) and is frustrated at his tightness.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LHS

I like to jump on Murray when he’s up or down. Just comes across as an anti-english miserable ****. IMPO of course!

Get your head out of your backside. its been explained many times about the so called anti English sentiment.

Nothing like that enormous chip you have on your shoulder.

As for personality – he has plenty is just having been worked over by the media a few times he is now very bland in his dealings with them

RustySpanner

TJ, the only people on this thread who appear to have a greasy shoulder are one real Scot and a fake one.

(Lobs comment, runs away to listen to the Archers)…. 😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Perhaps you should tell him? I’m sure he’d be gratefull for the advice.

Sampras’s coach told him to drop the double-hander if he wanted to be a great player, worked for him. Nearly all of the great players have had single handers – Nadal doesn’t count as he has had to become a physical freak to cope with his style and that is why he keeps getting these knee problems. Borg’s backhand wasn’t a double hander either, he just guided it with his other hand.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh dear, very disappointing. His game has imploded.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

yep, it is looking bad

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

To be fair Djokovic is playing out of his skin.

higgo
    Free Member

its been explained many times about the so called anti English sentiment.

The explanations have always sounded like damage limitation to me.

But that’s not the reason I don’t like the bloke. Apart from anything else, I don’t think nationality is that relevant in Tennis – it’s individual against individual (with the obvious exception of doubles and the irrelevance of the Davis Cup).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the problem appears to be that he doesn’t have that inside to out forehand – he can’t hit it down the line easily – his grip doesn’t appear to be far enough over.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

went to the wrong side on that forehand – arghh!!!

RustySpanner

To be fair Djokovic is playing out of his skin.

He is, but he’s limping a bit between points.

Great shot by Murray – a couple of years ago he’d just have given up, let’s hope he can pull it back.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

contrast Murray’s fighting to the pathetic england football squad…

tree-magnet
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member

wtf?

LHS
    Free Member

Get your head out of your backside. its been explained many times about the so called anti English sentiment.

Nothing like that enormous chip you have on your shoulder.

As for personality – he has plenty is just having been worked over by the media a few times he is now very bland in his dealings with them

Not seen a decent explanation myself, quite obvious that he is a self-obsessed, spoilt, anti-english ****. No chip on my shoulder, just not a big fan of people like that, whether its anti-english, scottish, irish or any nation. No room in modern society for that sort of behaviour.

IMPO of course, don’t expect you to agree with me TJ and no intention of discussing it further. 😉

Body language says it all at the moment – just turned on and Murray looks a broken man.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

wtf?

that’s what I always say when watching them…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

he looks more like a frustrated man that a broken man, he is still fighting, whereas a broken man would be letting it slide….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well you simply show yourself to be ignorant and anti scottish with a huge chip on your shoulder then.

higgo
    Free Member

Contrast Chris Hoy to the Cirque Du Soleil?

Contrast (pre-electric) Bob Dylan to the Brighouse and Rastrick Band?

LHS
    Free Member

Well you simply show yourself to be ignorant and anti scottish with a huge chip on your shoulder then.

LOL, how? I have an opinion about 1 person? That does not translate into a generalisation about a nation. Wind your neck in and get off your soap box.

j_me
    Free Member

Contrast curdled milk products with calcium carbonate.

bruk

Nah JohnClimber is right. It is a proper British response.

By that I mean all the negative crap on here about it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

what’s fighting spirit got to do with all those spurious contrasts?

theotherjonv

unforced errors seems to be the big difference to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Mens Tennis Final – spoiler’ is closed to new replies.