Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Memory Foam mattresses – where from?
  • JamesD
    Free Member

Looking at one from Komfi but there do seem to be lots of options online – any recommendations please?

Cheers 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

I got a sleepeezee over a year ago it’s great!

40mpg

Be aware that they do make you very warm. We’ve got foam over pocket sprung, and even that makes for some very sticky nights in warmer weather. Cosy in winter though!

Also, its movement-absorbing properties can mean it takes a bit more effort to keep up a good rhythm, if you know what I mean!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Why on earth would you want to keep up a good rhythm? Mixing it up is more effective than anything else.

fubar
    Free Member

I think it was one of these I had a good nights sleep on –
    http://www.ergoflex.co.uk/

singletracksurfer

join groupon – they’ve had some amazing deals on.
    got a great one for under £300.

unsponsored
    Free Member

We found the memory mattress too warm and ended up after loads of research with a bed from Bedlam beds. Its has a spring core and 1.5″ of memory foam top and bottom. It has been the best £500 I have spent. Had to wait a few weeks until there van was up north. Currently saving for another for the spare room.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They come up on Groupon etc all the time. Too hot for me.

40mpg – Member
    Also, its movement-absorbing properties can mean it takes a bit more effort to keep up a good rhythm, if you know what I mean!

Wow, that’s vigorous onanism! 😛

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

got ours from : http://www.1stforcomfort.co.uk
    in bacup- free delivery in the uk

ours is the foam and spring one: choose it after visiting the factory show room and trying the 3 options

BillMC

I got a Mammoth one via the Startfitness website. They claim it’s more advanced and less hot than other versions. It was money well spent but not cheap. Haven’t noticed ANY adverse effects in any department apart from wanting to spend more time in bed.

RustySpanner

Ergoflex here – seems very well made, stupidly comfy, but yes, a bit warm.

Good vavue and service too.

hitman
    Free Member

unsponsored – any chance of a link for the mattress you bought?
    cheers

globalti
    Free Member

Too warm and they grab you, making it an effort to turn over in bed. It’s horrible stuff; mattress technology bypassed foam rubber years ago and this will also be a flash in the pan once the marketing hype has been expended.

samcamsdad

bought memory foam last week from dreams, its going back today! bloody awful thing. uncomfortable, hot, and its given both of us a bad back! the only night i slept well on it was new years eve, but i was full of booze, so that doesn’t count!

slimjim78
    Free Member

i didnt realise they made you hot, which considering im always hot isnt good.
    my parents swear by theirs though.

confused though, how does it affect your wrists?

Markie
    Free Member

Love ours, a tempur one.

P20

We got ours from Sueno. A Smartcell 3000. Unbelievably comfortable, but it is warmer. We got it for about £660(complete bed), it was over a grand on the high street.

cynic-al
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member

confused though, how does it affect your wrists?

cynic-al – Member

“40mpg – Member
    Also, its movement-absorbing properties can mean it takes a bit more effort to keep up a good rhythm, if you know what I mean!”
    Wow, that’s vigorous onanism!

😛

We got a fancy one from dreams reduced. It is warm, but very, very comfy. I love it. Also good for covert nooky when you don’t want young ears hearing the bed squeaking.

nbt

We got one a couple of years ago and TBH I won’t be getting one next time round. Don’t believe the hype

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member
    dan1980
    Free Member

This is mattress I bought

http://www.mattressnextday.co.uk/mattress/685/Amari-Memory-Pocket-Airflow

It’s pretty much the best 200 quid I have ever spent. I get some of the best nights sleep I’ve ever had on this thing, and really notice the reduced levels of comfort when I stay with friends and sleep on a “normal” sprung mattress.

jonba
    Free Member

Tempur one for about a year now and we love it. It did take awhile to get used to it as it is very different from a normal mattress.Would replace it with another but it’s got a 15 year guarantee so might not need to for a while.

Newcastle so being hot isn’t an issue normally, have a thinner duvet for summer.

Tempur offer a trial period which may be worth considering. We sent back the pillows as we didn’t get on with the specially shaped ones.

You could do this and then send it back to find a copy somehwere cheaper.

convert

After a recommendation from here I bought a matress from here. Impressed with the matress and the company (bought a sequence latex 2000).

I’d recommend a bed with a latex layer. We have a memory foam matress in the van (bought at memory foam warehouse with 7% cashback through topcashback)and it’s great for the money but prefer the pocket sprung with latex layer in the house (flipping hope so- it was about 5 times as much!). If nothing else have a read around the factory beds direct website and you will become a more knowledgable matress purchaser.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Memory Foam mattresses – where from?’ is closed to new replies.