Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Meltham Fish and Chips
  • number18
    Free Member

Hoping SingletrackWorld can help me in this simple query…

Any fish and chip shops open on a Monday in Meltham? I’ll be cycling through this evening and will need some grub!

mintimperial

Been a while since I’ve been for chips there but Westgate chippy should be open around tea time. Ride round the back of the church and it’s just up Mill Moor Road. There’s also one on the main Holmfirth/Slaithwaite road near the zebra crossing.

scuttler

Google reckons Westgate shuts at 1930 – not sure when you’re riding through but maybe worth calling them as there’s nowt worse than the hypothalamus-driven fascination with food when exercising being met by a closed sign. You’ll be able to get a kebab from the takeaway at the bottom of Wessenden Head road though if you dare.

No idea about the other chippy as I never went despite living in the village for god knows how long.

number18
    Free Member

Thanks both. I think about 1900 so I ‘should’ be ok. The kebab doesn’t sound appealing, worst case scenario I’ll get a cr&p chip butty from the kebab shop.

mintimperial

There’s always Morrisons at the bottom of the hill if you’re properly stuck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Meltham Fish and Chips’ is closed to new replies.