Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Meh. 1×10 conversion issue – triple chainring granny bolts hit BB shell
  • mrmoosehead
    Free Member

So I had this cunning plan…

… and like all cunning plans, nothing quite works out.

I was converting my old deore triple to use a single ring and bashguard on the 104BCD holes and just ignore the granny bolt holes.
    The bike currently runs a SRAM S2000 double crankset (GXP) in a Hope PF BB – so I was intending on just popping out the NDS bearing that has the GXP adapter in and putting a normal hope bearing in (the spare) and using the hollowtech crankset which should fit…

But, my Scott Spark 35 2012 frame has a PF BB and a special ‘thing’ around the drive side that says 2×10 all over it, and low and behold, the granny bolt holts touch this before the crank axle is fully inserted.

Piccies here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nw1amoluooffyyt/AABdJPVTeHC-n9An8Q229klRa

So before I get the angle grinder out and take the granny bolt holes back so it will fit, anyone got any other bright suggestions…

I’m trying to avoid
    a) removing the BB at all – I’d like to be able to swap between the 2×10 and 1×10 when I want.
    b) buying a new crankset / rings.

ta

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Is the Zee crankset the way forward here?

legend
    Free Member

angle grinder ftw

spicer
    Free Member

It’s a pretty common problem, just take the grinder to the granny tabs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Meh. 1×10 conversion issue – triple chainring granny bolts hit BB shell’ is closed to new replies.