Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Megavalanche 2014
  • hepsta
    Free Member

Hi guys

Does anyone have this in there diary.

I really need to do this but do not know the people willing to go. Does anyone meet up and do this together from the UK?

Would be interested in joining up with a group?

Matt

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yes I/we/QECP trail collective will be going next year. We will be driving down and camping.

Where are you based?

hepsta
    Free Member

Based Doncaster South Yorkshire but drive and have transport.

I’ve been trying to get some friends I ride with weekly but they have other commitments and there older than myself.

finners

I would like to do this before it is too late. I’m all the way up in sunny soaked Dundee…. Would be my first time so if I went it’d be good to have a medic in the group 😆

prezet
    Free Member

Yep – there’s a small group of us from Naaarfolk (Norwich) who should be heading out there. Not sorted anything with accommodation/travel yet though. You’d be welcome to tag along.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Driving over and camping in the van.
    I’m from South Lincolnshire.
    I’ll be staying over for a couple of weeks which may make lift sharing an issue but if anyone needs a bike or two taking over so they can fly I’m happy to help.

tmb467
    Free Member

When is it and when do entries open?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d like to say no, but we’ll probably end up going.

Although we’ll fly this year & do 5 days rather than a full week.

More than happy to ride with people in the day though 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

July and January tmb

hepsta
    Free Member

Nice to see other are willing to help out!

Can Places to be stop cheap enough be found? I have a friend who may be up for it after speaking to him tonight.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You can find somewhere to stay for most budgets, it’s never ‘cheap’ as it’s the Alps, but you can get a pokey little studio that will take 3 or 4 (if you are brave) for 2-300 Euro’s a week.

Camping under the main DMC lift is free, but there are no facilities there (although they did dump some portaloo’s there this year). You can use the toilets round by the front of the station on the roundabout.

People tend to use the swimming pool for showering if they camp (1 Euro a day).

Best to start looking for accomodation towards the end of the winter season, you won’t get much sense out of anyone until then.

kimbers

camping at http://www.campinglegrandcalme.com/uk/index.html in allemont is 10 euros ish a night right at the finish line, uplift buses run daily , nice relaxed site basic facilities but all you need, boulangerie down the road couple of bars in the town

dmw536
    Free Member

Camping at DMC is free and you get to use the pool/shower down the road for free with the lift / race pass. Just make sure you take your speedos! Or go all the way down the hill to the big leisure centre and use the showers there for free with the pass and no need for speedos!

I will hopefully be out there again this year for a few days, always lots of people out there on their own.

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers andrewh

It’s something I’d like to do – either this year or next. Had mates do it last year and a few years before. I’m tempted

Simon

I’d love to go but I broke myself at last year’s Mega and my wife and kids aren’t too keen for me to go again!

scottfitz
    Free Member

[/quote]kimbers – Member

camping at http://www.campinglegrandcalme.com/uk/index.html in allemont is 10 euros ish a night right at the finish line, uplift buses run daily , nice relaxed site basic facilities but all you need, boulangerie down the road couple of bars in the town

If you guys go Kimber we will camp the you. hepsta?

chasp
    Free Member

Hi Folk

I too want to do Megavalanche along with one other but could do with tagging onto a group. I have a vivaro van that i am planning on taking so would be usefull for taking a few bikes. I dont mind where i stop so could do with some info on procedures and formats and to hear from anyone that is willing to group up.

Cheers

andeh

I’m planning on going this year, but I don’t think anyof my usual bunch can make it. Not sure on my plans yet, but I’ll find a way, it’s an awesome week.

Strangely, I’m also based in Doncaster.

jim25

I would like to ride it next year, have van and will travel!
    Prob be me and and mate in the van, we drove down to Morzine last year for a week. Door to door including ferry trip it took 12hrs, so not too bad.

roweros
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m going there as well in 2014 from Scotland Aberdeen. Still dont know if I’ll go by car/airplane. Want to go for at least 1 week. If any one got a free space in car/van I can join and share all costs.

BTW an event on FB
    https://www.facebook.com/events/228918557275688/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche 2014’ is closed to new replies.