Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mega TR knocking
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

After lots of hunting round through forums im still at a loss as to whats causing a knocking noise on my mega tr. It happens whenever i compress the rear suspension.
    So far i’ve changed the bearings in the frame as well as the chainstay bushes, changed rear wheel bearings as they had play and thought could be the culprit. Had the shock full serviced as well as changing the shock mounting hardware (original hardware wore and developed sideways play very quickly).
    Any other Mega owners have this issue and solve it?

alpineharry
    Free Member

Does it have internal routing for the cables?

BoardinBob

There was an issue with some spacers in the rear suspension. Common problem and was a warranty replacement (the spacers) if you asked CRC or wherever you bought it from

jakehinton
    Free Member

No, no internal routing. I saw that thread and the mention of an issue with the chainstay bushes/pivot. CRC did send me replacement sleeves/bolts but seemed identical to what came out of the frame, it was a while ago i took it apart and i dont remember if it had the “top hat” spacers. Ill have to take it apart again and check.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nukeproof via crc are currently putting together a full set of bushings/bearings for my 2014tr. I’m sick of the **** thing creaking under pedal load!

jakehinton
    Free Member

Never really had a problem with creaking, just knocking on mine.

Lester
    Free Member

i dont have knocks on mine, but the headset creaks badly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mega TR knocking’ is closed to new replies.