Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Meeting people to ride with…
  • Harry_the_Spider

Maybe should have moved to Manchester.

Whatever… Emily will turn out to be Fred with yet another log in.

Bregante

Maybe I should have changed my username to Candy69 or something similar moved to the republic of Mancunia

FIFY

emilybagnall
    Free Member

I am based in Sunny Salford – but quite happy to travel a bit to get out and about on my bike – anywhere bolton, chorley, gisburn I am happy to do – even lakes as my family live there. Tonight isn’t possible – but is it every Mon?

Haha…I am not Fred, I assure you!

Jamie
    Free Member

Haha…I am not Fred, I assure you!

How do you know who Fred is?

nbt

Solarpowered lives round your neck of the woods and has been known to come and play out with us in Marple, yo;re welcome to come along down this way if you want – I will admit though that crossing manchester is not always a fun experience 😉

emilybagnall
    Free Member

I don’t…I just know I ain’t him!

Jamie
    Free Member

…welcome to the forum, anyway.

Watch out for the sausages.

tomaso
    Free Member

The Bogtrotters Saturday rides are very very accomodating and it is quite a social thing. Everyone was new once!

The website and FB page provide plenty of info.

flap_jack
    Free Member

IIRC, the original idea of GoFar was for folk to organise rides. Nice to see it used for its proper purpose.

Pook

Salford is hora territory. Careful now.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Tonight isn’t possible – but is it every Mon?

more or less, yeah.

Harry the Spider usually posts up the “invite” on here. or whoever is organising/leading the away days (the base rides are the prestwich ones, but others have been known to take place in ramsbottom, rivington, todmorden…)
    it’s a really relaxed, friendly, non-intimidating bunch. except for binners. he’s a gregg’s pasty fuelled demon…

D0NK

I don’t…I just know I ain’t him!

hmmm, anyone else bra-dar blinking?

Houns

I want sausage

emilybagnall
    Free Member

Marple is alright for me – I have a brother who lives out there…two birds one stone and all that! How would I go about organising that then? Also maybe solarpowered could be up or a ride?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Emily, I like the picture of you with a bid of prey on your arm. Don’t look dressed for falconry, but the smile shows you were clearly enjoying it!

hora
    Free Member

Salford is a very rough area Pook.

emilybagnall
    Free Member

3 bikes in a year nicked means it is pretty rough…hence the need to get out riding before my bike waltzes off again!

hora
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong Saint Retford and Trafford aren’t village greens- I’d happily walk around them at night though. Salford I’d erm want the car doors locked at night!! 😀

Houns

Just swap your bike/s for a canoe, more use to anyone who lives in Manchester

nbt

drop me a mail – address in profile. Likewise for solarpowered

bellys
    Free Member

+1 for manchester mountain bikes. Very friendly bunch

konaboy2275
    Free Member

If you’re up in Ramsbottom riding you can message me as I’m newish to the area and am looking for peeps to ride with! You might have to wait on the uphills for me though!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    I want sausage

So, finally, the truth comes out…

No wonder you’re having no luck with the ladies.. 😳

Houns

Why do you think I’m trying to get you away for a romantic weekend in Scotland thinly veiled as a mleh meat?

Duggan

Another one for Manchester Mountain Bikers here- it’s all organised through a meet-up website so if you’re nervous about meeting new people (and let’s face it, who isn’t?) you can peruse the website, check out forthcoming rides and current members etc from the comfort of your lounge first.

There seems to be plenty of female-orientated stuff organised as well.

Everything that everyone has mentioned above looks like top fun though so I’m sure you can just take your pick really

hora
    Free Member

You know sometimes Jamie, you and JCL actually make me laugh.

OP try and hook up with a girls ride- Boggies do these(?) or at least have girls content. nbt’s a good bloke. You wont see his lovely wife for a while yet though? 🙁

It can be a sausage-fest. I wont name names but I once went out with a group of blokes/one female. The female nipped away to the outdoor bathroom and I watched 4/5 blokes stood staring across to where she was crouched. I never went on that ride again.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

konaboy the same applies, we’re local and get out on a regular basis so let me know if you fancy

Bunnyhop

nbt’s a good bloke. You wont see his lovely wife for a while yet though?

Why? Has he put me under the patio 😉

I’ll be riding again soon hora. Emily you are very welcome to join us. There is usually at least one female riding along with the chaps.

IHN

It’s usually me

Bunnyhop

It’s usually me

there are several big girls blouses among our group 😉

Houns

The female nipped away to the outdoor bathroom and I watched 4/5 blokes stood staring across to where she was crouched. I never went on that ride again.

Did you just leave the gopro on the handlebars facing her whilst you looked the other way then?

YOU SICK PERVERT

(Sorry still in tabloid mode from my RD thread, joking aside I can’t believe they did that and I would have certainly said something to them at the time, morons)

emilybagnall
    Free Member

konaboy2275 – sounds good to me if you are new to the area too – always good not to be the only newbie! Let me know if you want to arrange anything

solarpowered
    Free Member

Hey Emily!! Welcome!! You have to get along to at least one Marple riders ride…….they are all as mad as a box of frogs and us girls have a right old giggle!! It would be fantastic to meet you.
    If the meets aren’t suitable then just drop me a mail… I’m often (relatively) around Clifton/Phillips park & would thoroughly enjoy some female company- I’m definitely no where near the expertise of a ‘Black run’ however, so do be warned! You’re Sunday ride is probably going to be more like my mammoth, monthly outing!!! 😉
    Have fun and good luck! I do hope to meet you some time x

portlyone

there are several big girls blouses among our group

Guilty as charged 😳

konaboy2275
    Free Member

My emails in my profile if you want to contact me, need a motivation to get out in the endless rain we’re having – My dog didn’t even want to go out last night!

jekkyl

I really could do with some more male friends to go cycling with. Sometimes I meet local cyclists out in the area and we chat or spin up a hill together. When we come to split it sounds a bit gay to ask for their number to possibly meet up again so I don’t but I should.

IHN

Where are ya Jekkyl?

IHN

Where are ya Jekkyl?

portlyone

Sounds like IHN is in a tunnel?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Meeting people to ride with…’ is closed to new replies.