Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Medical advice wanted
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Usually I condone asking a bunch of strangers for medical advice rather then going to a doctor, but I am planning on going to a doctor if this persists any longer, and as it’s so cycling related, I figure I might actually get some help.

As some of you know, I just built up a new winter bike. I didn’t have a saddle for it, so I just nicked one off my bmx. Did my first ride on the bike yesterday lunch time, a very steady and fairly flat 40 miles. Turns out a bmx saddle does not make a comfortable road saddle – felt a bit narrow. No pain, just discomfort, so I just MTFU’d and carried on.

Now when I go for a piss it stings. Badly. Even now, 24 hours later. Feels like I’m trying to squeeze out stones or something. Anyone had this and willing to admit to it?

hugor
    Free Member

Who did you sleep with before you went out for your ride?

donsimon
    Free Member

I suffered from that once, the cure was neither pleasant nor pain free, good luck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You have irritated / damaged your urethra* at a guess. Get loads of water flushed thru you. It will fade. GP if its still doing it tomorrow. Any blood?

* the tube that takes the pee from your bladder – it runs not far from the surface between your bollx and your ass and can get crushed between the saddle and your pelvis

RealMan
    Free Member

You have irritated / damaged your urethra at a guess. Get loads of water flushed thru you.

That’s what I thought/guessed, but the pain comes from a part that wasn’t really in contact with the saddle at all, so didn’t make much sense to me. Will do so, I’ve been avoiding drinking too much. Rode today on my other road bike, and it was a little bit unpleasant at first, but fine overall.

No blood that I’ve seen.

docrobster
    Free Member

Like what TJ said.
    Either that or a sexually transmitted infection. But I guess if you thought it was that you wouldn’t be asking on here. 😕
    You feel pain at the tip of your penis if the irritation is in the part of the bladder that you have been sitting on

RealMan
    Free Member

No, I’d stick it in the chat section of course 😉

crikey
    Free Member

You’ve probably got some urethral irritation from squashing your perineum on the saddle. It’s unlikely to be infective in anyway, just a bit tender when wee-d over.

Try lots of water to dilute your wee, paracetamol or ibuprofen to damp down the inflammation, and investigate those sachets of stuff for women who have cystitis; they are designed to make your wee less acidic and therefore less painful.

Oh, and buy an SLR saddle…

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh, and buy an SLR saddle…

Looking on ebay right now actually.

Ok, thanks a lot docrobster, TJ, crikey.

hugor
    Free Member

Looking on ebay right now actually.

The only saddle with independent medical evidence to support it is the Selle SMP.
    They look ghastly and are damn expensive but work really well.
    I have one of them on each of my bikes. Never had what your complaining of but I certainly had problems with numbness.
    Oh and I would still get a quick urine test for chlamydia if I were you! Its no longer the bottlebrush up your precious.

RealMan
    Free Member

£155! And they look ridiculous. Plenty of other saddles out there I get on with, just not this one I think.

uplink
    Free Member

Is there anything dripping out the end of your winkle?

RealMan
    Free Member

Dripping..? Like what?

trickydisco
    Free Member

They make look crazy but they work!
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/selle-smp-saddle-experiences

used by this guy

who cycled round the world

wisepranker
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like you’ve got a urine infection. Apart from the pain when urinating, you’ll usually find that your piss smells really strong!

Best thing is to go see your GP tomorrow or a walk in centre today and they’ll check it for you. If it’s an infection they’ll give you antibiotics and it’ll clear up in a few days.

scaredypants

selle smp – it’s an onomatopoeic saddle 😆

lots of fuid, potassium citrate (or equivalent) for the acid, fewer “highly amenable” ladies, MTFU, droopy saddle, shorter rides, see a doctor immediately, clap clinic tomorrow, …

the answer is out there

hugor
    Free Member

Here is one abstract of the evidence.
    In this paper they compared the effectiveness of common saddles and the SMP was clearly superior. There are lots of other papers but this is the only one I could find at the moment.
    I value my sexual function more than 150 quid.

RealMan
    Free Member

I value my sexual function more than 150 quid.

Kinda makes you sound like a high priced hooker.

Drinking lots of water now, will see a dr tomorrow if it’s still the same.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Go and see a dr

It could be a uti ,an sti, urethritis prostatitis or even traumatic

Make an appt and take a wee sample with you!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Medical advice wanted’ is closed to new replies.