Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Meat vs Veggie world
  • popstar
    Free Member

Tried to lure friend of mine MTB-ing and poofta doesn’t take it. Never mind he is vegetarian but excuses of – it’s too cold, – it can be dirty sport, – if ever I buy a bike it would have to be one of them Trek’s with belt drive cos it won’t be dirty. I tell you, them vegetarians are funny.

Now, after really thinking about it … meat eaters are different animals. At least all my riding buddies are.

Have you seen vegetarians MTB-ers or maybe are you the one? And please don’t start with questions of –Where can I buy vegetarian shoes threads, that veagan theme is a joke in my understanding of being hippy green to the world.

Think I stand no chance at all to lure veggie into the sport, guess the only bike he would go for would be a fixie* obviously of a fashion trend.

I could be wrong about veggie’s though, only if you prove me wrong.

crikey
    Free Member

You sound like a ten year old, ever thought about growing up?

Poofta as an insult?

Maybe he has wisely decided that you’re not such good company?

aP
    Free Member

I know quite a lot of vegetarians and quite a lot of them cycle, some of them are really quite good at road, track, cross and mtb.
    But apart from that – you have a very small world view of things – have you been out much?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

been drinking?

popstar
    Free Member

Don’t take me wrong, there is no insults thrown. Struggling to convince him to see the real world.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

really? no, seriously… REALLY?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Struggling to convince him to see the real world.

Have you tried nibbling his ear while you purr?

DaveGr
    Free Member

1 / 10

sc-xc

popstar. I’m a vegetarian, and a much better rider than you. Go figure.

crikey
    Free Member

Struggling to convince him to see the real world

The real world? where you live? with your mum? who does all your washing and makes you that meaty tea?

chvck
    Free Member

I know a vegetarian guy who (before he injured himself) was very handy on the bike. Last year at our xmas meal it was a vegetarian who carved the turkey, the rest of us were scared of messing it up!

popstar
    Free Member

Well, there is no argument who is better than who but a question about existence of veggies on trails. I personally haven’t seen any, thats why asking.

sc-xc

I don’t always wear my “I’m a vegetarian” badge when riding my bike though…

crikey
    Free Member

I personally haven’t seen any

Then maybe you need to get out a bit more, make some new friends, ride in other places.

See if your mum will let you.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

what, and you ask everyone you encounter “on trails” what their dietary choice is, do you?

not even 1/10. worst ever.

B@rney
    Free Member

popstar I’m in +1

geoffj

Kwality trollage 😆

popstar
    Free Member

It’s quite strange that normal question provokes fury in veggies. Why?

swavis

Well, there is no argument who is better than who but a question about existence of veggies on trails. I personally haven’t seen any, thats why asking.

I did once see a sneaky cabbage patch near a trail. Does that count? 😛

gingajim
    Free Member

I don’t eat meat and managed to win the last Gorrick Masters race. *Think I have the strength to hold my bike upright and pedal;)

Moonhead
    Free Member

-2/10

Haze

I saw a ‘known’ vegetarian further up the road on my commute home tonight.

Couldn’t catch him, despite my efforts and fondness of chicken drumsticks.

Got close enough to see his new flash bag though 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

you did start by saying we were funny so what did you expect?
    I am a vegan and I ride a bike. I dont call people pooftas and dont ask everyone I see on a bike what they eat.
    Statsically [ maths to you] there wont be that high a percentage as we are too weak to stand upright and too stupid to balance.

Popstar, I don’t believe we’ve met.

jedi

oi ! i’m vegetarian!! 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve been veggie for over 15 years.
    Not done me any harm, 31st, 2010 24hr solo World Champs.
    Popstar, I challenge you to a race. Sign yourself up here http://www.sip-events.co.uk/solo-entry.html shall we wager £100 on it? Anyone want to volunteer as independant adjudicator? When you’re faster than me I’ll let you take the **** as much as you like.

(PS, you’re not Matt Page in real world are you? That could be expensive for me!)

My view? Humans are omnivores, we have evolved to eat meat, but not intensively reared meat full of growth hormones and antibiotics and god knows what else. Also, Kate Potter is vegan, one better than me, and has won many National races and raced at international level, better than I have too. First prominent example I thought of. And don’t get me started on veggie fellrunners. As someone said above we don’t go around with the veggie lable on our backs, in much the same way as you wouldn’t go around with the t*** lable on yours, those that know you know, those that don’t know you don’t care.

crikey
    Free Member

a) It’s not a ‘normal’ question, it’s a childish silly thing to say.

b) Calling people pooftas is even worse, and reveals a kind of schoolboy level intellect.

c) I’m not a veggie, but I don’t like a) and b).

d) My son is a veggie, and I suspect you wouldn’t speak to him or me like that in real life.

kudos100
    Free Member

Jesus there is some horseshit posted on this forum. Quite a few trolls to be found on STW……..

TheFopster
    Free Member

Oh – that’s what people mean by trolling. What a waste of time. I’m off for some risotto – veggie, of course…

Vegans on 29ers.
    They’re the worst.

popstar
    Free Member

My apologies for funny thread, taking my coat and leave.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Been doing this trendy veggie thing for 23 years now. Will never go back to eating meat. But I don’t care if people wanna eat it, it’s their choice and been vegetarian is mine.

meehaja
    Free Member

ooh i’m veggie too! Not fast, but not afraid of the cold either!

jedi

popstar, note the smileys in my post dude. you know i am hard to offend 🙂 🙂

fily5bellies
    Free Member

I’m still intrigued by “I don’t meet many veggies on the trail”. How do you think that you can tell?

Junkyard
    Free Member

wind or is that just me 😳

B@rney
    Free Member

ooo – look at Andrewh – best thread for ages

jedi

pmsl 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

He’s not accepted the challenge yet…
    Still intreuged(sp?) to know how can tell he doesn’t see any veggies on the trails.

popstar
    Free Member

I have to admit it is a dull day, so as furious veggies unleashed their wrath on me I must hide my trolling skills back into a dark corner.

Honestly, I haven’t met a vegetarian riding buddie on trails. And the story about my collegue is true. Take hat off to those being veggie and beating others on trails proving their awesomeness. Must be those organic nutts replacing bloody meat.

That in itself proved to be lol.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Meat vs Veggie world’ is closed to new replies.