Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • meal ideas on idave diet
  • donsimon
    Free Member

But still, there must be loads of fat in all of that stuff?

This isn’t about avoiding fat in your daily diet, this is low GI.

And being sensible by having a good balance.

trickydisco
    Free Member

But still, there must be loads of fat in all of that stuff?

Not all fat is bad! You NEED fat in your diet.

Jamie
    Free Member

there is a growing weight of evidence that processed simple carbs are behind the obesity epidemic, rather than fatty food. ie it’s the bun not the burger that makes you fat.

Pun intended I hope?

Luminous
    Free Member

Don Simon, TrickyDisco. Agreed.
    😉

Brassneck.

Wow, how close is that recipe to one I kind of Free-styled up myself a few weeks ago !.

Sweat down a few chunked onions, carrots, bacon, as per my earlier post.
    Then add 1/3 Schwartz Bombay potato mix and let it all sweat for 5-10 mins taking care not to burn the schwartz mix, then add maybe 30-50ml of water and do it for a few minutes more.

Then add that to 500g of lentils and cook for 20 odd mins, adding the rest of the schwartz mix, which is essentially just a type of garam masala.

Curry lentils with bacon and onion.

I even derived my own garam masala, but it did appear to have quite a windy effect the next day, so I went with the Schwartz mix as its quicker, easier, and a fair bit less windy.
    😆

sadexpunk

idave, have you got any thoughts on intermittent fasting? reading up on it, it implies its actually good for the body to do this. different methods, either 2 days a week and eat normally the rest, or use ‘eating windows’ each day.

theres also some pretty impressive stats on the ‘leangains’ and ‘eatstopeat’ sites. for those who struggle with diets and having to watch what they eat and not really enjoying it, it seems worth a shot, no?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well it appears to be working. 72.2kg this morning. Lowest i’ve ever seen! (normally fluctuate between 74-75)

Jeans feel looser. I haven’t touched bread,pasta or potato since sunday. I’m training the same amount and i don’t seem to lack any energy.

I’ve been reading the 4 hour body book avidly the past few days.

donsimon
    Free Member

Weigh-ins over a two week period and back to a 500g loss of fat per week without even looking at the bikes. I guess there will be more if I can be arsed riding.

iDave
    Free Member

I ain’t fasting for no one fool.

I love my food.

iDave
    Free Member

snake oil eh? Is that extra virgin viper or snake oil lite?

it must be hard going through life lacking any understanding….

Jamie
    Free Member

Who are you talking to Dave?

trickydisco
    Free Member

See the thing is. I’ve been putting loads of hours on the bike and gym since December (up from 2 hours a week to over 8 – 12 ) and not seen any difference in weight or fat loss. Nothing has changed apart from being a bit fitter.

I’ve now changed what I eat in the morning and lunch and i can see a real difference.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Who are you talking to Dave?

the idiot tagger (who i expect hasn’t tried the idave way of eating)

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve now changed what I eat in the morning and lunch and i can see a real difference.

6-Packs are made in the kitchen and not in the gym a wise man once said……or the internet….I forget.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Cereal as breakfast is a marketing driven thing from just the last 40 years or so.

driven by religious vegetarians who wanted to take society off bacon and sausages!!

for meal ideas:

chilli, refried beans, green beans.
    vegetable soup
    curry (no rice bread) veg on side.

I am going shopping this afternoon, cooking at the weekend and starting on sunday. looking forward to it.

Luminous
    Free Member

Oh !, the tags.

You know what ?, I rarely look at them. I hadn’t noticed.

Dave.
    You shouldn’t even bother. Just let the nay sayers keep on bleating, its their loss, or not, if you see what I mean.
    😉

Did you get to ride the bike last night ?.

scruff
    Free Member

Yes he did but he was a bit knackered at the end, poor diet probably 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘meal ideas on idave diet’ is closed to new replies.