Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • MBUK
  • genesiscore502011
    Free Member

not buying this mag again. Nov 2014 issue review of the marin rocky ridge 7.6 – last paragraph claims marin are redesigning the bike for 2016 ‘they have taken our feedback on board ready for a redesign for 2016’. Really. Marin changed a whole bike on their comments. A little egotistical – surely marin have experienced designers, engineers and pro and ex-pro’s riders – not some self appointed expert.

ajt123
    Free Member

Like a poor-man’s Loaded for mountain bikers.

Consistent advertorial + the writing if terrible. Note how they used ‘though’ instead of ‘however’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+ the writing if terrible.

Go and sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done.

tomhoward

Or they were redesigning it anyway, and wanted to get as many ideas in as possible?

ajt123
    Free Member

Go and sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done.

😉

warpcow
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry, much as MBUK can be full of shite sometimes, what you’ve quoted there doesn’t say what you say it does.

iain1775
    Free Member

While they give away £70 lights for subscribing, I’ll give it a go

tang
    Free Member

Be interesting to see if the move to new publishers makes any difference. I did hear that more money was available for the publication. What that means, as far as content, remains to be seen.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Now, after having read this thread, I am a fully subscribed member. Cheers!

mtbguiding
    Free Member

May have been the same review that criticised it for its geometry then praised the Pace for the same geometry?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

No such thing as bad publicity! !!

dingabell
    Free Member

Can’t find a link for the free light anywhere?

jimjam
    Free Member

I find MBUK to be total guff, but that seems like a strange reason to throw your toys out.

It’s possible that someone had a valid criticism of the bike and it’s something Marin are going to address. My experience of Marin was that they were a very small rider focused company. They were always at pains to point out that they were a tiny company compared to the likes of Trek or Specialized and didn’t have anything like their budget for r&d or pro riders. So maybe they value feedback and respond to it where possible.

Years ago one of their reps asked me why the quake was selling so badly and I told him honestly what I thought was wrong with it. I was blunt as possible. He asked me to write down the geometry changes I was suggesting, which I did. A couple of years later the new quake came out with almost the exact geo I’d specced. Do I think they changed it on my account? Absolutely not. Is it possible someone saw it and took it on board? I guess so. The bike was better but still awful.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Cant find the free lights offer subscription?

rocketman
    Free Member

Along with WMB they’re the worst magazine for praising stuff and then admitting it was shit and saying they never liked it

Zero credibility

nuke

Talk of free lights and suddenly all is forgiven and its ‘where do I sign up?’ 😆

bigbloke
    Free Member

😆

ajantom

Here’s the original link for the free lights offer –
    Psa – Free Lezyne lights
    It’s probably out of date now though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘MBUK’ is closed to new replies.