Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maybe i should ask this on Grit…but
  • sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

I am just about to take delivery of my first CX bike – Ritte crossberg for those interested.
    For those who ride both CX and road ( and off-road, of course!!) do you run a slightly higher bar position on your CX or just set up as per your road bike??
    I am thinking about starting 10mm higher and removing to match the road bike if i am comfortable.
    Note- My current drop is not extreme, roughly 80mm from memory!
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    thanks in advance,

Sniff

clunker

My CX stem runs at the same hight as my road bike.

nemesis
    Free Member

Depends what works for you but most (but not all) people run a higher position on the CX bike. And also a bit shorter usually but that’s at least partially taken care of by the (typically) shorter top tube.

clunker

This might be worth a read…..

Fitting a Cyclocross Bike

bikebouy
    Free Member

Slammed, shirley there is no other way ? 😆

As it happens I run mine same as my roadie, which is incidentally… Slammed.

No help I know, but it’s the only way I can set a bike up.

TBF the head tubes a little longer on the CX’er so reaaaallllly I’d say it’s about 10mm higher than the roadie.

However from what you say you’re doing the right thing, set it up so you can honk on the drops comfortably, CX’ers don’t just ride on the hoods y’all knowdy..

😀

And nice bike you’ve chosen 8)

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for the input…
    The C60 is ‘slammed’ and the over all reach will be about 5mm shorter on the Ritte, so if i give my self the 10mm room to adjust on the height, that would seem about right!
    Merry Xmas to all.

Sniff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maybe i should ask this on Grit…but’ is closed to new replies.