Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • My eldest has moved out…..need a hug
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Well she is 21 now, still don’t think I’ll sleep tonight though. Our house is big enough for her and my grand daughter missing them both.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My Mrs (& me) can’t wait for her son to bog off so we can have some peace & quiet, I’ve told my youngest lad to please not have kids as I won’t be as Grandfatherly as my Dad was. 😈

oldgit
    Free Member

My sons still here 🙁 fireworks and champagne are on ice for the day he leaves

midlifecrashes

Another Uni open day for me tomorrow so the firstborn can spread her wings. Going to be strange though.

Klunk
    Free Member

you’ll soon get use to it 🙂

epicyclo

Just be careful. My missus got so nostalgic when our youngest moved out that she knocked out another batch of kinder.

The youngest of that batch has just moved out….

I live in fear of a repeat. Anyone know what causes it? 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Thought MrsCat would be a blubbering wreck as my eldest and I visit Universities.
    Seems I’m not as emotionally sterile as she often suggests.
    Is it wrong to want him to have to resit his A levels?
    He’s been my best mate for nearly 18 years!

duntstick
    Free Member

Just been talking to my daughter, in digs at Uni, gotta let go mate……….they’ll chat when they need you. Got to say though, it’s nice when they still need a chat.

langylad
    Free Member

Wife cried her eyes out when we dropped the eldest off at Newcastle uni. I felt a strange warm glow that we had got him to this point where his independant existence began.

The bugger is back home now looking for a graduate job

Earl
    Free Member

O

jamj1974

He’s been my best mate for nearly 18 years!

Whatever he has and does mean to you – he still will. As will you to him. I am a fellow dad who also loves the company of his children most of the time – I am not looking forward to your situation. As a result you have my empathy.

Yes, I am afraid his departure for university will come around too soon. However, he will be back before you know it! 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rogerthecat, your post has made me rather sad thinking of the prospect of my boy leaving… and he’s only two!

njee20
    Free Member

My parents were on holiday when I went to Uni!

Dibbs
    Free Member

My eldest and youngest have both moved back this year 😥
    The eldest also brings his 2 year old son for us to look after, several days a week.
    The youngest has brought her boyfriend too. At least it’s only short term until their house sale completes (and they do go back to their flat in Plymouth weekends).

lucien

epicyclo – Member
    Just be careful. My missus got so nostalgic when our youngest moved out that she knocked out another batch of kinder.

The youngest of that batch has just moved out….

I live in fear of a repeat. Anyone know what causes it?

POSTED 10 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Ermmmmmm – shaggin?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Must be different with girls. Bumping into an endless procession of young ladies on the landing really got on my tits. It was a day of celebration.

Sandwich

Just to soften the blow somewhat. You get your personal space back but have no money left for the next 3/5/7 years depending on course. (We benefitted from free education at that level and we are doing our best to ensure that the cost to our kids is similarly small).

5th Elephant it was a relief and worry when our daughter left as she had a troublesome time throughout her teenage years. It seems we did ok though as she got back on the rails.

5thElefant
    Free Member

5th Elephant it was a relief and worry when our daughter left as she had a troublesome time throughout her teenage years. It seems we did ok though as she got back on the rails.

I probably met her on my landing 😆

ampthill

My son has just done his UCCAS form

It will be sad to see him go

But I still see my dad loads so I hope we won’t be a stranger

Great qoute from a colleague about her identical twin girls

“The anguish and upset of them leaving was dwarfed by the horror finding out 3 years later that they were coming back”

oldgit
    Free Member

My parents were on holiday when I went to Uni!

Ahhh poppit 😥

Trekster

My 2 have been gone for 12yrs.
    Both now have 2 kids.
    We have daughters 2 this weekend(3 & 9)
    Sons 2 next weekend(4 & 9)
    They live 30odd mls away 😀

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Eldest left in September for uni and he’s just popped back this weekend,I say popped this envolved me going to collect him 4.5hr round trip and then him eating everything in the house going out all last night with his mates and now me about to set off to drop him back another 4.5 hr round journey oh what fun can’t wait for him to pop back for Crimbo 😕

epicyclo

fatsimon mk2 – Member
    Eldest left in September for uni and he’s just popped back this weekend,I say popped this envolved me going to collect him 4.5hr round trip …

And the 4.5 hr round trip no doubt involves him with headphones on and deaf to conversation, or jaw slack and fast asleep… 🙂

Sandwich

I probably met her on my landing

Probably not as you would still be in therapy! 😀

gordimhor

As I was the absent parent after divorcing I didnt go through the empty nest trauma though I can imagine it. Both my kids are now working one in a long term relationship it’s a time of changing roles. The goo thing is you get to laugh or maybe smile with our hand over your mouth as they agonise about the things you agonised over all those years ago.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

My folks got divorced and sold the family home a month after I left.

Stay together for th kids folks!

globalti
    Free Member

My parents kicked me out when I was eight, sending me off to boarding school so I’m sure they didn’t miss me when I headed off later in life.

lowey

Dropped the Girlfriends daughter off at uni the other week. I have never ever seen so many crying mums in one place.

Currently taking my eldest around uni’s at the moment. I just know I’m going to be a bloody wreck.

Sundayjumper

Same here, except mine’s a girl and not even one yet !

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Got final Uni Open Day on Saturday then another year and my eldest will be off, it will be sad to see him go but at the same time hes more than ready and looking forward to going. Be interesting to see the effect it will have on MRS FH as she sides with my eldest in all our tifs and disputes, so I am hoping for a more peaceful life when he goes. Should be careful what I wish for though.

emac65
    Free Member

So kids actually leave home at some point FAN>>>TAS>>>>>TIC ! ! !

Downsize,less mess,more money ..what’s not to like ?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘My eldest has moved out…..need a hug’ is closed to new replies.