Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maxxis LUST or EXO?
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m after a tyre with added sidewall protection, but not as much as dual-ply. Which, out of LUST or EXO, will offer the most protection?

I’ll be using tubes with them regardless of tubeless compatibility.
    Cheers
    Jo

jojoA1
    Free Member

Anyone?…

nasher
    Free Member

Hi Jo

The LUST have thicker side walls so can be used for tubeless.

The EXO is just a new name for their single ply’s.

Jo’s bike has the LUST as she keeps pinch flatting the EXO ones.

BadlyWiredDog

EXO isn’t ‘just a new name for their single ply’s'[sic] – it’s a toughened, abrasion resistant sidewall – a bit like Schwalbe’s Snakeskin but feels tougher than the Schwalbe version to me and is a fair bit thicker than single-plies and a lot tougher. You’re probably confusing EXO with EXC?

Been running EXO Ardents and Minion DHFs in the Peak and they seem pretty tough and the sidewall stuff is pretty abrasion resistant, probably more so than the LUSTs I reckon. They’re expensive, but good. They also work well converted on Flows.

HTH

jojoA1
    Free Member

Thanks,
    I’m trying to optimise hardwearing-ness with low weight. I used LUST with tubes at the Megavalanche rather than full on dual-ply and this worked well. I’m heading to Provence in May and September and wondered if the new EXO increased protection sidewalls would be comparable and perhaps lighter and also perhaps easier to source as 26″ LUST Ardents at a reasonable price seem to be quite scarce.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I want to type in a smart arse reply but can’t think of one.

Unlucky you lot eh?

Northwind

Is it Ardents you’re after then? I’ve got a 2.4 Exo Advantage lying about here doing nowt if you want to try it. Not that impressed with it tbh, grips in a straight line and in hard corners but not inbetween 😉 But ymmv.

vinnyeh

Been running EXO Ardents and Minion DHFs in the Peak and they seem pretty tough and the sidewall stuff is pretty abrasion resistant, probably more so than the LUSTs I reckon. They’re expensive, but good. They also work well converted on Flows.

I u sed an identical setup (Ardent and Minion exo) for near two weeks in the Alps last year with no problems, no sign of sidewall wear, no cuts.

I want to type in a smart arse reply but can’t think of one.

What’s wrong with your usual ‘vertically stiff/laterally compliant’? No need for thought then. 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Northwind, thanks, but I’ve got a pair of Advantages on at the moment and wanted to try a swap for an Ardent up front. Was going to go for a 2.25 as well as I believe they come up really big.

Cynic-al, I was going to post over there>>> I had a kinky dream about you the other night!!! :O

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis LUST or EXO?’ is closed to new replies.