Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Maxxis LUST on Flows – Sealing ?
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

Just set these up for the first time, using Maxxis Ignitor LUST 2.35's, not put sealant in yet as wanted to check them first without, the front is sealed spot on, however the rear is still not staying up over a few hours, have i cocked up the installation of the yellow tape or is it more likely the tyre thats not seated correctly,any ideal ?

househusband

You should've heard a 'ping' as the tyre bead seats. (Having used UST tyres and Mavic UST rims I was reassured to hear this happen on Stans rims too.)

tazzymtb

check that the valve nut is tight enough as this is usually the source of gradual air loss if the beads have seated. Just brush some soapy water over the tyre and wheel and look for signs of slow air leak.

tragically1969
    Free Member

They dont ping at all, put 50 psi in them too just to check, like i say the front is fine

tazzymtb

if you soap the beads as per the stans instruction they will not "ping" it's more of a damp fart noise and the soap means that they will seal without having to go to high pressure 😀

househusband

They dont ping at all

Yes, they do; or other people's do, anyway – even if yours don't/didn't.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine pinged with soap suds and a compressor straight up to sixty! More of a snap than a ping but very audible either way.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Hmmm according to the stans video with UST tyres you dont NEED to use soapy water, i for sure dont hear any ping, snap or fart, if i let the tyres down they are def seated as i have to break the seal to let the rest of the air out, just reseated it and checked the valve was in properly, will wait and see.

coatesy
    Free Member

Fitted some for a customer a while back, tried seating them at Stan's max pressure(45psi I think), no chance. Took them up to 65ish before they'd seat and seal, and they definitely popped too.

igm

Get'em up to 40 od psi and pull'em from side to side – they'll seat.

Or less ham-fistedly – work around the tyre one bead at a time, pulling the tyre over to one side and trying towork the bead on the other side into the bead socket (or whatever fancy name they gave it). Always works for me.

seanoc
    Free Member

If they'll hold air for a short while then they will seal with 60ml of wheel milk in them. I've had quite a bit of success with Lust on both Flows and 355's; swapping tyres and recycling milk using only a track pump.

Rip
    Free Member

I've just had two Nobby Nic UST tyres (new) fail to hold air for long.

Putting them in the bath revealed microscopic air seepage (looked like fizzing) through a small section of the tyre wall. Clearly a manufacturing fault.

Could only be seen with the tyre submerged and still though.

Maybe you've got a duff Maxxis.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

First time I put new tyres on I put in 50 psi to burp them on to the rim dry. Then put sealant in. Maxxis works fine for me.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Well, i retaped the rear and reseated the valve, the valve core was a little bit loose too so that didnt help, as above i grabbed the tyre and pulled it side to side and its been holding 40psi all night, sorted, thanks all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis LUST on Flows – Sealing ?’ is closed to new replies.