Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxxis HR LUST leaking
  • adam-the-kiwi
    Free Member

Hi all,

Apologies if this question seems familiar – I posted it just before xmas, then didn’t have a chance to check the site before it was hacked…

I’ve got a pair of Maxxis High Roller 2.35 LUST on Mavic xm819s. Front keeps losing air. I’ve located an area where this seems to be happening – it’s near the rim, but seems not to be a leaking at the interface between rim and bead. There is a patch that appears to have loads of small perforations. It’s a fairly slow leak (it loses about 3.5bar over around 1-2 hours). JRA wheel milk and “Dr Sludge puncture protection” have both failed to stop it, although they seemed to slow the rate of pressure loss. The perforations appear to be covering an area of about 6 x 1 cm – there is no (apparent) damage to tyre or rim.

Will a suitably large patch on the inside fix this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks – Adam…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

switch to stans

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’d ask maxxis, sounds like a fault in the tyre manufacture?

I’ve not had the same problem with mine, I use hutch protect’air

adam-the-kiwi
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Steve – Do you mean the No Tubes solution or one of their tyres? If the former, will give it a try. If the latter, quite keen to find a way to fix a £30+ tyre I’ve only had for 4 months or so.

MrNutt – I will do – I’ve already contacted Jon at JRA (where I got them) to see what he says. Will try out the Protect Air.

Cheers…

AndyPaice
    Free Member

the lust highrollers pinch flat very easily, both me and a mate have pinch flatted them sevral times on the bead/sidewall interface. it looks like a small hole with bubbles coming out when there is water on the edge of the tyre. Use a ‘sticky string’ repair kit to plug the holes and with sealant it should do the trick

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Sorry, i was a little short. Yep the no tubes stuff.
    I had a similar thing with my mud-X’s
    kept leaking through the tyrewalls. Switched to Stans and its all better

happysv
    Free Member

You say you are loosing 45-50psi in 1-2 hours thats a major leak.
    If you mean 3-4 psi then that a different matter.
    Put some extra stans fluid in and let it rest where the leak is and it will seal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis HR LUST leaking’ is closed to new replies.