Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis Advantage 2.2 or High Rollers 2.35
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Looking at a pair tyres for grassy / rocky natural trails / some fire roads and tarmac too, and also FC Trail centres use on HT frame….for use this atuman and winter. What do STW forum membs consider best choice? Have read that Adv 2.2 are pretty big and near size of HR 2.35s; in either case looking at Kevlar bead options
    ta

dougieb
    Free Member

2.2 Advantages are slightly bigger than the 2.35 HR’s. On both my bikes I’ve got a 2.1 advantage out back and either a 2.35 HR or minion up front – really like the combination. The 2.1 advantage is only slightly smaller than the 2.35 HR but is faster rolling but still grippy enough for the rear.

jamesb
    Free Member

would then a 2.2 Advantage on back and 2.35 HR on front be a good match do you think, getting extra cushioning on rear?

repatriot
    Free Member

2.25 Adv is a better all round tyre than the HR! Its bigger has more grip in soft muddy conditions, rolls way better. HR is probably better on rockier stuff. I like an advantage on the back and front but recently I have a Swampthing 2.35 on the front and that is working very well!

dyls

The grip on the advantage is superb, especially in the 60/62 compound. As others say the 2.25 is big though, you might be better going for a 2.1.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Suggest trying an Ardent. Been running one of those a lot this year. Really like it.

mttm
    Free Member

2.25 Adv is a better all round tyre than the HR!

repatriot has it spot on. The 2.35″ Highroller is a good tyre in super tacky compound and pointing downhill – but the 2.25″ Advantage is a good tyre all of the time…

dyls

Suggest trying an Ardent. Been running one of those a lot this year. Really like

Do you know how does the 2.25 ardent compare size wise to the advantage? I feel the 2.25 advatage is a bit too big.

Northwind

2.35 Highroller is decent enough but skinny, like all the older Maxxis models the tyre size is just made up bull****. Adv 2.25 isn’t big, actually it’s just pretty much accurate but that still makes it bigger than the Highroller.

I’d suggest Nevegals myself, 2.1 or 2.35 stick-e on the front and 2.1 DTC on the back. Good for everything, really. But of the 2 you mentioned, Advantage I reckon.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

HR 2.35 up front Advantage 2.1 rear – LUST great combo.

gamo
    Free Member

Ardent and Advantages come up about the same size wise,
    they are not that much wider than 2.35 High Rollers/Minions
    but definetly taller so lots more volume.

jamesb
    Free Member

cheers thanks for all this, looks like I`ll go for 2.2 Advantages as plenty of room in frame / forks; had been running 2.2 Kenda Karmas (which do seem to be a genuine 2.2 size!) but not much edge grip from square blocks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Advantage 2.2 or High Rollers 2.35’ is closed to new replies.