Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxlight XC pro 2 sizing
  • rubbersidedown
    Free Member

Hi

I'm looking at buying one of these frames, just wondering about sizing. I'm 5' 11". I'm found the geometry chart, but some real world info would be useful. What sizes are you guys riding?

Also, do the frames come prepped i.e. reamed and faced

Cheers
    RSD

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm 5'8" and have a 46cm frame which is pretty much spot on for me. You may want to go a size up, depending on how stretched out you want to be (it has quite a short TT). Currently using a 90mm stem which feels perfect. Ive had it for 2 years and done lots of minor tweaking (just done the Transalp on it and it was a brilliant bike). Pic below to give you an idea of how much seat tube is showing, etc.

Frame wasn't faced when I bought it but BB threads were pretty clean, so some basic prep needed.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I have a XC2 which have slightly different geometry, im 5 11 and also got the 46cm frame and it seems to fit me quite well with a long stem, i have very short legs for my height so always a bit of a problem finding a frame.

I didnt do anything to the frame before installing headset and bottombracket.

rubbersidedown
    Free Member

Thanks for the advise chaps (nice build stuartie_c). I'm probably gonna go for the 50cm (it's still smaller than my 'Large' Trance).

foxyrider
    Free Member

My XC2 came with sl painted BB faces but I was advised by Dom @ Kinesis just to scrape it off with a knife – My mates new XC2 came without paint on the BB faces and are already faced!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxlight XC pro 2 sizing’ is closed to new replies.