Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic Crosstrail or Bonty Race Lite?
  • jacksta
    Free Member

Questions are… how does the Bonty system compare ro the Mavic one and which would you choose?

The Bontrager ones seem to still require a rubber rim strip / valve combo?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Crosstrails are a great wheelset; I’ve had some for about 18 months. They’ve needed nothing more than a service. They are lighter than the Bonty wheels, unless you get the Race X Lites, and as you say the Bonty still need the rim strips which adds even more weight.

I like them. 😀

runswithscissors

Yep, crosstrails are ace. Look pimptastic too!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have had my crosstrails for over 2 years now and they are a great wheel. I could do with replacing the rear bearings at some point but other than that they have been fine and have handled some cack handedness on my part..

jacksta
    Free Member

so I have a choice of a brand new set of Bontys on sale or for similar money a pair of well used year old Mavics….

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got a mint set of Crosstrails with good UST tyres for a mate for less than £200.

jacksta
    Free Member

Mavics are £150 second hand
    Bonty £169 new

I have a pair of crossmax on my other bike at the moment so figure they are good but being drawn by the newness of the bontys! 🙂 Its just having taken a while to get the hang of the Mavics when I first got them wasnt looking forward to the same thing with the Bontys if the system worked slightly differently. No-one seems to run bontrager?

MicArms

have bonty race on my inbred and race lites on my full susser. Both very nice wheel sets. Did have Mavic crossride discs on the hardtail until I upgraded to the bonty’s. For what it’s worth, I think the Bonty are a nicer wheel than the low endmavics, , my cross ride have a degree of lateral flex I find ‘disconcerting’ and the mavic freehub / bearings are a nightmare to source. Free hub is on it’s way out on the Mavic, looking @ 60 new for that , I brought the wheels new fr/rr for £120…

MicArms

the racelites are rebadged DT swiss hubs too..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crosstrail or Bonty Race Lite?’ is closed to new replies.